GO!

Are you a big dog person or a small dog person?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Bosley

Sleeping Bosley

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 4:38pm PST 
So, I know what really matters in a dog lies in the heart, but are you a fan of the bigger, heavier dogs, or the smaller, petite ones?

I myself am probably more of a big dog person, but then again I will readily love any dog that is willing to love me.
[notify]
Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 5:03pm PST 
Tiny, small, medium, large, extra large , I'll take em allbig grin wink

Practically speaking, extra large won't work in my house. smile I want 3 eventually, tiny, small and medium largebig grin
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 5:09pm PST 
Big personalities in little bodies or big personalities in big bodies doesn't make a difference for me as long as it has a big personality. I have both and will likely always have both.

Generally speaking the breeds I like tend to be bigger dogs (medium or large typically) and I will likely have more big dogs than little dogs in my lifetime but that's a product of having breeds now which I will be unable to manage when I'm in my 80's. wink

The breeds I really dislike come from both ends of the spectrum too so I'm an equal opportunity dog person.

Edited by author Sun Jan 22, '12 5:11pm PST

[notify]

Bailey

There's nothing- in my mouth, I- swear!

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 5:13pm PST 
Personally I like big dogs (although I like small ones too wink )
But I'm a fan of medium-Large, and will probablly always have larger dogs. I love Shepherds, Mountain Dogs, but also love Border Collies and Labs, along with others of course! But like you said, as long as the dog loves me, I'd love if back, whether it's a Chihuahua or a Mastiff laugh out loud
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 5:27pm PST 
I think recently I've gotten to be more into larger dogs. I love dogs of any breed or size, though.
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 5:31pm PST 
Um...medium?big grin

If I had to pick between big or small, I'd probably go big. I'd be paranoid hiking with the tinies.
[notify]
Lenny

Lenny -The- Wrecking Ball

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 5:40pm PST 
I like larger dogs, but there are many medium breeds that I like as well. My thing has always been anything under 35lbs and it just doesn't fit my fancy. But too large of a dog and I feel you're limited just cause they're too large and they usually don't live as long.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 5:49pm PST 
I was raised with GSP's and am more comfortable with the larger breeds. BUT I love all of them!! cheer
[notify]
Luke

I came, I saw, I- chewed.

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 5:58pm PST 
I loved being a mama to chihuahuas! I have a big doggie now and love that too because I'm experiencing a lot of new things with Luke like romping in the snow for an hour, running around, etc. My chis would get way too cold in the temperatures here to be outdoors much in the winter.
[notify]
Okami- Amaterasu

I shalst- pluck-eth ze- toy...

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 6:03pm PST 
I prefer big dogs. And I say that knowing full well that I have a small/medium dog laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9