GO!

scruffy dog breeds

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 2:42pm PST 
Are there any dog breeds that are scruffy that are med to large size and that are ok with other dogs and aren't too high energy? I want a dog that would be ok with an 1 to 2 mile walks a day but won't be bouncing off the walls if they miss a day or two of walks. (Like if its too hot or too cold to walk the dogs.)

Edited by author Sat Jul 30, '11 2:45pm PST

[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 3:37pm PST 
Berger Picard?
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 3:42pm PST 
I would LOVE a Berger Picard. I researched a bit about them but since they are rare all the sites said the exact same things.

Can anyone give me any insight on them?
[notify]

Hershey

Bark it Loud &- Proud!

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 4:19pm PST 
Border Terriers are scruffy...not as big as you'd like...but awesome dogs and very versatile to their persons schedule. They aren't "other dog aggressive" like many of their terrier counterparts.

We went and played with some today. Adorable, natural, scruffy look in a very hardy package.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 5:11pm PST 
What about a Wheaten?
[notify]
Morgana

THROW THE BALL- THROW THE BALL

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 5:28pm PST 
my petite basset griffon vendeen isnt too squirrelly if she misses a walk... But she LOVE LOVE LOVES to play fetch... they come in the grande basset griffon size as well.. may be to small/ big for you though??? hmmm
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 5:43pm PST 
I didn't know Basset Vandeens came in a larger size. I'll check into them.

Wheatens are cool...but I prefer darker colored dogs. I will look into them though.

Border terrier is way too small for my liking.
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 5:56pm PST 
otter hound?
bearded collie?
wire haired german short hair
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 6:30pm PST 
Thanks!

Edited by author Sat Jul 30, '11 6:32pm PST

[notify]
Dozer ~ CGC

Life is about- clicking and- sleeping

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 6:43pm PST 
Miniature Schnauzer? Not as big as you would have liked, but they are pretty common, and Dozer is very dog friendly and mellow. He enjoys running and playing, but really isn't energetic.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5