GO!

How rare are Canaan dogs?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Angel

Little Angel

Barked: Thu Nov 5, '09 1:33pm PST 
Thats interesting, I never thought of it that way Chandler. It does make sense. (And I've ALWAYS wondered why most shelter dogs have the cute curly tail.)

As for the picture of your exes dog...not even close, haha. He's a big fluffy white/tan dog, like the pic above.

I've always joked with my roomie that he has his own breed, american pretty-dog. big laugh
[notify]
Koda

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 10:12am PST 
My trainer said that she has not seen one outside a San fransico dog show. I had my dog DNA tested, I assumed he would be some sort of hound, but to my surprise it came back with boxer as the predominant breed, then Canaan and chow-chow. I did adopt him, so it is not impossible to find a mixed breed with Canaan, but I would think you would not come across a purebred in a shelter.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 11:32am PST 
3 year old zombie thread....
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2