GO!

Home of the World's only...

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 7 of 10: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  
Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Wed Dec 3, '08 9:19pm PST 
for you color nerds out there, this is a good aussie one:
http://www.ashgi.org/color/
[notify]
Belgian

I am the- Chocolate boy!

Barked: Wed Dec 3, '08 11:12pm PST 
What site where you looking at? I didn't see that. Lol. Sorry I was arguing then. I just know I have done alot of studies on the labs as I was curious about my boy. laugh out loud

Were you looking at the site I posted?
[notify]
Chandler

Code name:- Farmcollie

Barked: Thu Dec 4, '08 7:41am PST 
Belgian-

Is an occasional mismark that bad in labs? Honestly, it seems to me that if both parents are healthy, structurally sound, and of good temperament, it shouldn't be that big a deal. Most sources say that only a few pups in any litter are worth showing anyway. Any black and tans can be sold as pets with a neuter contract. If there was some sort of genetic health problem associated with the black and tans (like double merles), I could see the point, but there doesn't seem to be any.

I fear I'm of the "genetic diversity is good" camp. laugh out loud
[notify]

Mississippi

throw me a- frickin' bone- here

Barked: Thu Dec 4, '08 9:09am PST 
Mia, I love that page! Aussies are so colorful!

I've also been reading up on the Border Collie debate and think that's quite the idea - defining a breed by purpose instead of looks. I can only imagine the health issues melting away...

Okay, I'm done being off topic! wink
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Thu Dec 4, '08 9:27am PST 
This one is being discussed in the Shelter and Rescue forum because they had a hydro pup up for sale. They also have a $10K pup listed on the site under the teacup section.

http://www.dogster.com/forums/post.php
Yorkie Pup dot com

They recommend feeding "sugared human cereal" among other things. It has the potential to be as wild and crazy as the High Breds thread.
[notify]
Madison Marjorie

Serenity Now

Barked: Thu Dec 4, '08 10:42am PST 
Scooter I am speechlesssilenced I was just reading the rescue page and it broke my heart. They have a dog who is just 8 months old and can't walk because someone fell on him. There is no mention of any vet care that they have done. They say they don't know if he'll recover. That's an easy fix. Take a dog who can't walk, is that small and had a kid fall on him, and now can't walk needs to go to the vet.

That place is disgusting and they should be ashamed of themselves. I really feel sick to my stomach after looking at that site.
[notify]
Belgian

I am the- Chocolate boy!

Barked: Thu Dec 4, '08 5:01pm PST 
Chandler-
Mismarked labs are still dogs and still make wonderful pets. You just can not show them as they do not fit the standard. In the lab world however there is some controversy as he standard states a small white on a chest is permitted. However they do not state how much.

There is no difference between a regular color and a mismarked lab besides their colors. Reponsible and reputable breeders will however put a mismarked lab on a limited registration/ Spay and neuter contract. A mismarked lab should never be bred or be a reason to pay more money. They are great dogs but they can never enter a conformation show ring.

They really are not that big of a deal. Breeders know which dogs will make it to the ring and which ones won't. All responsible lab breeders though do know chances are they may have a mismarked lab pup.

With chocolates and yellows many breeders try to refuse putting them together because they do dilute the color and especially if the breeder is breeding for a pup to add to the show ring then they will do whatever is possible to avoid any chances. Most chocolate/yellow litters do end up with chocolates and tan points and yellows with dudleys. It is just best to avoid it all together.

Edited by author Thu Dec 4, '08 5:05pm PST

[notify]
Oni~Prince of Thieves

Unable to- respond...

Barked: Thu Dec 4, '08 6:37pm PST 
I have a hunch that the dogs listed on the yorkie rescue page are probably their own breeder dogs and pups they couldn't sell due to poor health...especially with "sold as is" plastered all over that page!
[notify]
Madison Marjorie

Serenity Now

Barked: Thu Dec 4, '08 6:49pm PST 
Oni, I think you're right. I never once thought that they were actual rescues. Just sad stories that these heartless monsters are responsible for.
[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Fri Dec 5, '08 8:04am PST 
Their actual health contract for the over-priced pups they are peddling on the other pages isn't any better. I second the guess that the ones on the "rescue" page are either pups that they haven't moved that have become sick, or pups they have taken back and replaced with new pups and are now trying to move.

Either way, they seem to be trying to breed extremely small yorkies.
[notify]
  (Page 7 of 10: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10