GO!

Home of the World's only...

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 4 of 10: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  
Madison Marjorie

Serenity Now

Barked: Mon Dec 1, '08 2:07pm PST 
Oh dear Oni I didn't even notice that. silenced It just keeps getting worse. I'm thinking of emailing them because I would love to hear their explanation for how they are purebred.
[notify]
Madison Marjorie

Serenity Now

Barked: Mon Dec 1, '08 3:23pm PST 
I just found this in the Dalmatian forum here on Dogster

"Gene Connelle is well known to the dog show world. As near as we can figure out, he's breeding something like a Chihuahua and a Dalmatian. Several have been to his place, none were impressed. I've also not seen any evidence that he does any testing to back up his claim that he's "bred out" health issues. He's breeding mutts, plain and simple. While it would be cute to have a mini dal, they just aren't toy dogs. Their whole demeanor does not fit a toy breed. Meanwhile, we (dog show community) ARE working to breed out as much as we can by selective breeding, testing and just plain doing educated breedings. So if you're tempted to support his breeding, please think again. Not that I think any of you are nutz enough to pay his price!"
http://www.dogster.com/forums/dalmatian/thread/400195

Th eir talking about the same kennel. So I guess in the Dal world they are known and thought of in the same manner.
[notify]
Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Mon Dec 1, '08 3:45pm PST 
Ah jeeze...I'm still working on my doberman/housecat hybrid (watchdog with an attitude problem!)

There's another interesting breeding thing going on, check out "white pugs" apparently they're fairly common in china but several breeders in the US are trying to 'develop' them.

lol @ border fritters.
[notify]

Trixie Bean!

none so blind as- those that will- not see

Barked: Mon Dec 1, '08 11:25pm PST 
Maddison, you said "Like Pippin it's really disgusting."

thinking shock You called Pippin disgusting!! shock laugh out loud

Now, about these mini Dals... Urghh. Why are people so stupid??? The person breeding them is one of the worlds many idiots, and people buying the pups.. Well, they are pretty stupid as well. In fact, VERY stupid.
[notify]
Sakura (Chi Chi Baby)

Everyone Loves a- Chi Chi Baby

Barked: Tue Dec 2, '08 12:27am PST 
I seen that a while ago.

I saw one dog that looked a lot like Sakura in the face. Those are chihuahua mixes. Beagle mixes. Things like that.

They're cute. But, no way in the world would I spend $2,500 for one. I'll check my local shelter. laugh out loud
[notify]
Bear, Princess, Coco, & Sheba

Questdriven:- cookiemiller.tri- pod.com

Barked: Tue Dec 2, '08 2:40am PST 
They look like Dal/Chi or Dal/Doxie crosses to me.
Pros:
-They require all puppies sold to be spayed/neutered.

Cons:
-I saw no mention of health testing at all. That doesn't mean that they don't do it, however.
-What tangible purpose is there for a toy Dalmatian? There's already over 400 breeds.
-They appear to keep the puppies in kennels rather than in the home.
-The site seems to be all about how great the breed is and what a great breeder they are and contains no information on responsible breeding. I know it doesn't necessarily mean they're bad, but a red flag.

That's what I get from them. Seem nice and all and to have a drive for the breed, but they seem clueless about the ethics of breeding. Either that or their doing a good job making themselves seem innocent.

Edited by author Tue Dec 2, '08 2:45am PST

[notify]
Madison Marjorie

Serenity Now

Barked: Tue Dec 2, '08 4:32am PST 
Trixie, laugh out loud not what I meant (as I'm sure Pippin and you know) but it came out quite humorous. laugh out loud

Pippin, please accept my apologies dear friend.red face
[notify]
Zeppelin J.- Dogg, ESQ

My Genetic Color- Code is e/e,- b/b.

Barked: Tue Dec 2, '08 12:24pm PST 
Poultry! How could I forget about the POULTRY!!!

Personally, I like to make extra sure that my dogs have been thoroughly socialized with turkeys and chickens. I socialize them by way of giving my dogs raw turkey and chicken necks. They've become the very best of friends. My dogs are always super happy to see a turkey or a chicken.
[notify]
Zack

formerly The- Very Hungry- Puppy-pillar

Barked: Tue Dec 2, '08 12:37pm PST 
Does the "American Breeders Club" that they mention have a website? Because they mention how great it is and how much better it is than the AKC, UKC, etc. but I can't find any information on it. Is it an actual registry, or something they made up?
[notify]
Madison Marjorie

Serenity Now

Barked: Tue Dec 2, '08 1:15pm PST 
Zack, Oni pointed that out as well. I also went ahead and looked and couldn't find anything.shrug Everything points back to themconfused A little fishy to say the least.

Zepp, we'll let the poultry thing slide. It's good to know that you haven't neglected that part of socialization with your own dogs. It's always important to remember the big three, and I see so many people who don't usually bring it up, it's quite sad. Everyone don't forget the big three air, water, and poultry!
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 10: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10