GO!

What is the most docile lapdog?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
♥- -Chelsea

Up up and away!

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 5:38pm PST 
What is the most docile lapdog?
[notify]
Champ

I'm the winner!

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 6:08pm PST 
I'm going to say Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
[notify]
Fynnigan

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 7:10pm PST 
Fynn is!

But I know that's a trait of his specifically that's not necessarily true to his breed. He's happy to sit on my lap quietly all day long (he's a min pin)
[notify]

Rocky

Got Food?

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 7:22pm PST 
I find that Cavaliers are pretty docile, but not as docile as the Tibetan Spaniels and Shih Tzus I've known. Cavaliers are incredible cuddle lovers, but also have some sportiness to their nature, and are always up for fetch and tug and walks. I find mine really can't miss his walks and play time or he gets wound up.

This is from my experience:

I have found the Bichon Frises that I've known very similar in temperament to the Cavalier.

I find the Papillons I've known more docile than the Cavalier, but a little more reserved in nature and a little less inclined to demand cuddles like the Cavaliers do.

The Shih Tzus and the Tibetan Spaniels I have known are so similar in temperament I'll talk about them together. These have been the most docile dogs I have ever met, nerves of steel, calm natured, just love to sit about all day type dogs, but then they are just as fine beside your lap as on it - a little less cuddly than the others.

I think there are many individual differences between dogs within these breeds, and that is the hardest part about figuring out if one is more docile than another.
[notify]
Sakura (Chi Chi Baby)

Everyone Loves a- Chi Chi Baby

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 10:12am PST 
I think Cavalier.
But, I could be wrong. XD
As, I've never had the chance to live with one. ^^
But, my chihuahua mix is getting to be pretty docile.
But, I've heard most chihuahuas aren't.
[notify]
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 6:27pm PST 
Shih-tzus.
[notify]
Opal

The cat did it

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 6:45pm PST 
You didn't specify if you're only referring to purebreds, but shihpoos (shih tzu/poodle) are pretty docile (once they get past the puppy stage). wink Opal tends to match whatever my mood is. If I'm on the computer or watching t.v. she's on my lap, if I'm in an active mood, she is too.
[notify]
Sharna *2000- - Sep 2007*

Sharna Banana - mum's angel

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 11:53pm PST 
I think the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
[notify]
Bruno

Brunoski

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '08 3:26pm PST 
No question about it...the mosti docile is Shih Tzu. The naughtiest: French Bulldog named Bruno
[notify]
Luna(6Jan08-30Apr08)

Finders- Keepers!!!!

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '08 10:40pm PST 
Luna loves to sleep in my lap but when shes awake shes CRAZY! I was at the dog park a couple days ago and there were 3 french bulldogs there and they were crazy too! They were tag teaming the other dogs. It was so funny! So in other words I have no clue. smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3