GO!

Bully Breeds List?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Libby

Pet Me! Pet Me!- I'm- Libby!!!!!!!!

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 3:37pm PST 
I am on a fact finding mission (this is due to PetSmart's discriminatory policy)...

Does anyone have a complete list of bully breeds?

I am not sure who is included and who is not...

Thanks!
[notify]
Dulce

Bullies Are- The Best!

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 3:46pm PST 
Someone posted what was included in the "Petsmart Discrimination" thread.

APBT
AST
SBT
BT
[notify]
Aurora

The Pride is- Worth The- Prejudice

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 3:47pm PST 
As a long time pit bull owner I have to say I would never drop any of my dogs off at a day care with all sized dogs being watched by a person getting paid minumum wage. Especially at a doggy daycare without me, with other dogs who may or may not have behaviorial issues. They could be vulnerable, scared, or who knows. Sure in a perfect world all the dogs would play happily but as dumb as a lot of dog owners are would you really chance it with your dog?
Would you allow strangers to drop their unknown dog off at your house and be liable for its actions or violence it may inccur in your home. We cant even get home insurance through a majority of companies....who would insure petsmart with multiple bullies, haha?
Not to mention, sure we like to think we are responsible pit bull owners but look gangsta joe down the street with his scary pit bull, tehy cant say oh your pit bull can come but his cant.
Ok ok I see where you are all coming from BUT we dont live in a ideal world, its reality folks. I mean even if you could....would you really? Have you seen those rooms they mush all the dogs in? Sure my girl is safe and secure at home but if I just dropped her at a strange place with strange dogs I cant be sure she wouldnt lash out of fear, distress, or frusteration.
And in addition it is our jobs to keep our dogs safe and that means getting blamed for things they dont do. You all see it at the dog park when you go and your there to monitor it, its crazy.
Lets say a accident or fight did happen and they blame your dog just because he's a pit bull, do you really wanan go through that and put your pup through that? Plus they still allow pitties in the store and training, they dont hate our dogs I'm sure they just dont want to get stuck in the pit bull battle. We took this fight on by our own choice, they didnt. Plus do you know how many ignorant people would see a pit bull....nice or not in the day care and decide against letting their dog join.
[notify]

Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 3:51pm PST 
is eng bulldog a bully breed
[notify]
Dulce

Bullies Are- The Best!

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 3:56pm PST 
Yes, Brodie.
[notify]
Bruno

Brunoski

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 3:59pm PST 
me too me too!
[notify]
Aurora

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 4:16pm PST 
With all due respect you guys are chasing after the wrong enemies. Why not attack PETA, Ingrid Newkirk, BYB's....the real people who have sway in getting pit bulls banned
[notify]
Root

if life gives u- lemons,play- fetch w them

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 4:28pm PST 
I don't think BYB are trying to ban bullies...

And I STILL don't see why everything lately is PETA.
Seriously, most BSL comes from lawmakers who are in a panic and do not have enough information. When you ignore all of the facts, you miss out on the best opportunities for change.
Bashing PETA won't change your neighbor's mind about your dogs.

Libby, our other human just wrote a paper on BSL and got a decent list together for it. Mom will email it to you later when she can get a copy (remind her if she forgets).
[notify]
Root

if life gives u- lemons,play- fetch w them

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 4:32pm PST 
On second thought, she will post it here, I am sure other pups want to know too!
Sorry!
[notify]
Aurora

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 4:36pm PST 
While I hear what your saying BYB's are actually hugely at fault for teh decline in the reputation of our breed. They are making them bigger and wider to appeal to the type of owners who think that big bulyl style is cool....thus these type of owners are the ones that have added to pit bull's tainted reputation.
PETA's VP, Ingrid Newkirk is spreading her anti-pit bull propapganda liek wildfire....follow the lonk and you'll see why PETA is our worst enemy
http://www.workingpitbull.com/truthaboutpeta.htm

http://co ntent.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=93238&ran=134133

http://ww w.badrap.org/rescue/petaa.cfm

you say bashing PETA wont change my neighbors opinion of my dog but letting your pit bull, or any breed for that matter run wild with a bunch of strange dogs while your not there to monitor them CANNOT lead to good things. Plus is Petsmart really hated pit bulls they would be banned in stores and puppy classes
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8