GO!

My mom has ADD and another disease too!!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Elsie Mae- Ray

Cherry Angel and- Elsie NUN- furever pals

Barked: Sun Dec 17, '06 8:34pm PST 
Its called wannasaveeverypupitis

UGh my mom is soo crazy. We always had fosters in the house so we always had 4 dogs, me my two sisters and a foster. Then mom went and kept one (cause NO ONE would have adopted her) and so we were permanently at 4 dogs. All happy, spoiled and cute I must say smile

Then my big sis died a month ago after 11 years, mommy got her as a graduation gift (mom was devastated!!!!) and then we were gonna adopt another pup and so mom posted here looking for advice and somehow along the line she decided to foster again.

After fostering twice now she keeps seeing puppies and wanting to adopt them and.......keep them like forever.... but she feels she can help more pups by fostering!

She recently started researching breeds and everythign.....

Why cant she make up her mind and how do I help her?

btw mom really DOES have add so she wasnt trying to offend anyone! smile

Edited by author Sun Dec 17, '06 8:35pm PST

[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Sun Dec 17, '06 8:53pm PST 
Fostering is such a wonderful thing, but giving the gift of a forever home is pawsome too!

Mom has three..actually FOUR...breeds that she always changes through. (One of them is us Bullmastiffs, the other 3 are small dogs.) She seriously switches what breed she wants everyday between the three, but then I remind her that the legal limit in our city is FOUR dogs so fill 'er up! (Dad would NEVER allow it though!)

Good luck!
[notify]
Zoey

Better than I- was

Barked: Sun Dec 17, '06 9:40pm PST 
My She is torn between wanting to foster, but thinks she would just want to keep them ALL and wanting to take in a older dog, but worries the time would be too short. Sigh. Thankfully, right now we rent, so it isn't an immediate issue. I just want my own cat.
[notify]

Elsie Mae- Ray

Barked: Mon Dec 18, '06 11:17am PST 
My mom has switched between like 4 different breeds also. She is driving my dad crazy. Last week she told him she liked fostering and helping pups and then last night she foiund some irish setter pups at a arescue ad changed her mind and decided she wanted on of them forever.......and then shortly after that she saw a pic of an aussie pup (my sister is an aussie) and wanted that one too. I am worried daddy is gonna kick her out! smile
[notify]
Poncho

Weapon of Mass- Distraction

Barked: Mon Dec 18, '06 11:35am PST 
Think of it this way. Should you adopt a dog to keep forever, that's one less dog your able to foster for every day that dog stays alive(and we know how long some woofs will live!). Where if she were to foster, she has prevented the deaths of SEVERAL dogs within only a short time of an owned dog's lifetime.
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Mon Dec 18, '06 4:58pm PST 
Elsie- Dad told Mom he'd kick her out if she got a French Bulldog. (He's had bad experiences with my Frenchie friend and HATES their snorting/snoring.) Her only reply to him is, "You know you couldn't live without me!" BOL!

Go with what your heart says!
[notify]
Hershey

I'm sticking my- tongue out at- you!

Barked: Mon Dec 18, '06 5:43pm PST 
My Daddy actually told mommy if she brought another 4-legged baby home, she'd need a new home. Mommy has a licensed kitty shelter and she has 10. The kitties are the only ones in the house. Their room was fixed 2 days after Katrina was gone (thanks to a lot of help from a loving vet). But, I guess that's good. I don't think I could handle the kitties being in the FEMA trailer with us! Daddy always says, "you can't save them all." Mommy says she doesn't think she could foster a pup because she gets too attached and she couldn't see them go. Even now, she is researching breeds for another pup for when we move and get land. (She won't get another pup until we move out of the trailer into a house.) She had a dream we adopted a golden named Lady and Daddy told her, "That's why they are called dreams."
[notify]
Elsie Mae- Ray

Barked: Mon Dec 18, '06 5:44pm PST 
Thanks Zeus. Its funny cause Daddy is the big pushover in the house with us girls. We are all 50lbs + and he carries us like babies and cuddles in bed ad we never listen to him. Mommy spoils us too but she means business. So if she did bring home anther puppy Daddy would fall head over heels in love with it!!!!
[notify]
Molly

PLAY RUN JUMP- PLAY RUN- JUMP.......

Barked: Mon Dec 18, '06 5:52pm PST 
Sounds like your mom really wants another forever doggy but may feel a little guilty for not fostering ??? I'd bet she'll know her next dog when she meets him/her. It's really good to know alot about breeds, then you can let your heart decide.
Whatever your mom decides, she's obviously a good person for wanting to save another doggy !!
good luck to you !
[notify]