GO!

Springer Spaniel question

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Zelda

Demolition Dog

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 10:18pm PST 
What do their tails look like if they're not docked? I googled, but couldn't find any "natural" pics.

My friend adopted a dog that the shelter thought was a border collie/springer mix, but she has a short curly tail, kinda like a chow's. We were wondering if that's what a springer spaniel's tail looks like if it's not docked.
[notify]
Barney-R.I.P

R.I.P my gorgous- boy

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 12:21am PST 
we'll try to get some shots but they do look like a thinner version of a chows, i'm afraid mine was docked so I can't show you mine but i'll look for some and we know there's ones about with tails.

http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=310877&j=t here's one pup with his tail.

Edited by author Mon Dec 11, '06 12:31pm PST

[notify]
Belle

Will Take you- On!

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 11:49am PST 
A lot like a Setter tail.
[notify]

Rudy

Can I have that- food?

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 12:05pm PST 
I'm a cocker spaniel, not a springer spaniel, but I'm pretty sure our tails naturally look very similar. Mine was never docked, so check out the pictures on my page.
[notify]
Angus The- Warrior

Wag well and wag- often.

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 12:10pm PST 
http://www.springerrescue.org/adopt/midwest/index.html

Both Smitty and Monte have full tails.

Woo! Woo!
[notify]
Berry Bubba- Gump

Last ofthe- famous- international- playboys

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 12:12pm PST 
I have my tail. It's real hairy at the end. But I'm not a purebred either.

Edited by author Mon Dec 11, '06 12:13pm PST

[notify]
Rudy

Can I have that- food?

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 12:28pm PST 
Berry your tail looks a lot like mine!
[notify]
Berry Bubba- Gump

Last ofthe- famous- international- playboys

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 12:51pm PST 
Rudy your chin kinda has that wrinkly thing that my chin has. My human wishes that I was smaller like you.
[notify]
Zelda

Demolition Dog

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 2:10pm PST 
Wow, thanks guys! Her tail doesn't look anything like those pictures. I don't have pictures of her tail, but you can see her on the last pic on my page playing tug. I think she must have some chow in her cuz she's got such a square muzzle.
[notify]
Belle

Will Take you- On!

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 4:29pm PST 
Well, I was a lot of Springer and my tail doesn't look anything like a Springer tail, either.

The pound said Beagle/Springer, but My Girl jokes that I had Akita in me.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2