GO!

New sister...any pointers? Please...

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Little Miss- Maddi

We're in Modern- Dog! Pages 56,- 57 & 80!

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 8:31pm PST 
I'm getting a new sister Tuesday, a 5 month old chihuahua. Any pointers about how to help bring her into the home, so I won't be jealous and territorial?
[notify]
Zoey

Better than I- was

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 8:56pm PST 
Either meet outside (neutral) or what we do is make sure the resident dog is in their house. Put leads on both and proceed slowly. Hope you have seperate toys, etc. So the first one doesn't feel the new is more 'special'.
[notify]
Little Miss- Maddi

We're in Modern- Dog! Pages 56,- 57 & 80!

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 9:17pm PST 
Thanks Zoey! I'm riding with mommy to bring Eva home, and mommy thought a nice long walk before we shared the car home would be helpful...seperate toys! great! more toys!!!
[notify]