GO!

He said I was a WHAT???

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Jessie

I raise the bar- higher still in- agility.

Barked: Thu Dec 7, '06 7:24pm PST 
Oh that silly vet! We can see what you are Maggie! You are a beautiful cutie girl with loving eyessmile But our guess would have been Husky/Shepherd mix. Sheps and Labs mixes can be tricky to detect.
[notify]
Callie NPC,- DBE, STCH,- LP1, CR

100% pure Love- Sponge Attention- Hound!

Barked: Thu Dec 7, '06 8:28pm PST 
Maggie, where does your mom see GSD in you? Huskies have shading patterns very similar to the sable seen in GSDs, so any body shading may come from your Husky relatives. (I don't see any body shading - or other evidence of GSD heritage - in your photos, but that could just be due to the angle...)
[notify]
Maggie

I'm still a- baby.. right?

Barked: Thu Dec 7, '06 8:44pm PST 
I always just thought the ears looked GSDish and she has some mannerisms.. but she might have just picked those up from her brother.

Besides the husky... definately lab for sure. She has the lab jowls and a major swim fanatic! It could be pouring rain outside and Maggie wants to go swimming. But I had 2 border collie fosters and they were the same way.

If you look at her puppy pictures, she had some chocolate markings, but they have since changed to black.

Maggie is blushing from all the compliments! But she knows she's a pretty girl and uses it to her advantage!
[notify]

Kodiak

Roo Roo- ROOOOOOOOO.....

Barked: Thu Dec 14, '06 6:06pm PST 
Hmmm...those markings look familiar...

Sure your mom wasnt a Malamute?
[notify]
Maggie

I'm still a- baby.. right?

Barked: Thu Dec 14, '06 10:00pm PST 
She looked like a husky and her owners said that the vet told them she was a purebred Siberian. Maybe it was the same vet that told me I was a border collie! BOL!!!!!!!

But there are lots of Sibe/Lab mixes on here that look just like me.
[notify]
Houdini

Mystical,- Magical,- HOUDINI!

Barked: Sat Dec 16, '06 3:56pm PST 
I definitely see a husky/lab/gsd

you are very cute. and don't worry the vet told my mommy he think i am a italian greyhound/jrt mix.

Me? I know what i am.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2