GO!

Why did you name you Chi baby what you did?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  
Oogie Bear

The Princess- Honey Badger

Barked: Mon Sep 26, '11 10:12pm PST 
I love reading everyone's stories on naming!! It's fun to see the thought process behind why we name our pets what we do smile

Oogie Bear was kind of a tribute to my childhood dog, Woogie (who I had named when I was 7 years old!). cloud 9 Woogie was a chihuahua mix, Oogie is a chihuahua mix... it just seemed like the thing to do! They even have many personality traits in common, which is pretty neat.

Kip-Kip, Oogie's brother, was originally named Kip by the breeder... I added the extra "Kip" for emphasis. His name just perfectly fit his happy-go-lucky little personality! blue dog
[notify]
~ Ella ~

Big things come- in small- packages

Barked: Mon Oct 3, '11 6:24pm PST 
Mommy used to be read a story called Ella the Elephant when she was a child, so when she got me she couldnt decide on a name Then she remembered the story and that how my name Ella was picked.
Love Ella
[notify]
Lola

I'm- tougher than I- look.

Barked: Tue Oct 4, '11 8:37pm PST 
My hu-dad mentioned the name Lola just days before they picked me up and my hu-mom loved it. She happens to be a fan of the Regis & Kelly show and Kelly has a daughter named Lola. She says she knew it was the right name when she first laid eyes on me! smile
[notify]

Molly

Small but rowdy!

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 8:56pm PST 
We named our baby girl Molly. I have always liked the name. It is short and simple. I also like human names. Our pom mix is Sophie. Never had liked or disliked the name Sophie before. It just hit me when I saw her.

But Molly just fit our little Chihuahua. smile

Molly
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 11:20am PST 
Since her Mom's name is Peanut we thought it would be nice to keep the *nut* theme going. So she is Hazelnut... Hazel for short smile
[notify]
Monty

Time for the- Full Monty

Barked: Wed Mar 27, '13 12:47pm PST 
Well we were watching Beverly Hill Chihuahua the day before I went to get him. When we got back my niece was looking at him and blurted out "He looks like Montezuma!" So that is what we started calling him. He earned being called Monty when we soon realized that every time you itched him he would roll over and give you the full Monty.
[notify]
Nikke

Barked: Fri Apr 12, '13 8:45pm PST 
My little gal got her name of Nikke because she got sick, when she was very young, and whenever I took her to the vet I put her in a Nike shoe box. I really wanted to name her Maggie but my son didn't care for that, so when I was sitting at the vet's one day I thought, shoot, I bring her in the Nike box, but Nike sounds like a male name but I could change it a bit and call her Nikke and waa-laa, I had a name.
[notify]
Bella- (Joyful)- Jimenez

I think I am the- BOSS!

Barked: Wed May 29, '13 6:18am PST 
I named my doggy BELLA because it means beautiful, and she is... she is the absolute most sweetest lil dog that I have ever meet... she rescued me from my loineness. She has brought so much happiness to me and my entire family.. she is BELLA... BELLA!!!happy dance
[notify]

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 11:43am PST 
Chloe because I really love that name and I think it suits Chihuahuas.I actually named her after an old friend if mine.
[notify]
Minion

Today the- backyard,- Tomorrow THE- WORLD!

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 10:26am PST 
I got my name because of my Mommy's job, she works as a Mad Scientist, teaching kids in after school programs. When she first saw my picture, her and my aunt wanted to call me Pinky, since everyone always sings the Pinky and the Brain theme song to my Mom, (In addition to being a Mad Scientist, Mom has tentative plans for world domination and super villainy) and they said I even looked like Pinky. Later that day, on a road trip to the pet store, Mom was loving on me and talking to me and asked me 'Who's Momma's baby minion?' and thats when her and I both knew it. I wasnt a minion, a was Minion, Mommy's number one side kick and helper.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4