GO!

Why did you name you Chi baby what you did?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Bella Luna

Barked: Sun Jan 31, '10 10:16am PST 
Here's my story!

I have been with my boyfriend for three years and we always joke around about baby names that we like. I have always LOVED the name Bella and that is what I wanted to name my future little girl. My boyfriend isn't fond of the name for a person, which got me down in the dumps. Haha.

A few weeks later I was on dog.com and they had these cute little rhinestone tank tops with initials on them. I was looking for a "T" for my family Chihuahua back home, but they were out of that letter. I did come across a "B" though and I thought to myself...BELLAsmile That's what my Chihuahua baby's name will be when I get one!!

So, time passed and after about 6 months, it was time for me to get my Chihuahua puppy, so it was easy because I didn't have to worry about picking a name. I already knew her name would be Bella.

The night before I was going to pick her up from the breeder, I was with my friends at the movie theatre watching New Moon from Twilight. I LOVE Twilight and was so excited to watch it, but my mind could not focus because I was so excited to pick up Bella. I decided to name her Bella Luna because Luna means Moon, and all I could think about during that movie was hersmile

So there's my story..what about yours??

blue dog
[notify]
Pinto

*Will Cuddle 4- Food*

Barked: Sun Jan 31, '10 11:17am PST 
I got my name because my daddy had a doggie when he was only a child that was doggienapped! And his name was also Pinto. And he found it really neat that at the shelter I came to him when he called that name. He was like, that's the one! happy dance
[notify]
Sonic

Sleep now, play- later!

Barked: Sun Jan 31, '10 11:21am PST 
I got my name for couple reasons. One reason is mommy met the breeder to follow her to her house at a Sonic Drive-In. The other reason is as a pup (and still do) I would take off running and then slide kinda like Sonic The Hedgehog. big laugh Mommy thinks it's so cute!
[notify]

Penny Mouse- Fart Ayala

I eat, therefore- I am.....

Barked: Sun Jan 31, '10 3:35pm PST 
I'm named after my moms' grandmas' chihuahua! The first Penny was teeny tiny. She was so precious! All brown with lighter eyebrows and about a pound and a half, tops, full grown. Grandma loved and doted on that baby. Penny always wore a little brown sweater that grandma made her. One day I asked grandma how she made that tiny knitted sweater. It turned out that when grandmas sweaters wore out, she'd cut off the lower sleeve and hem the end and cut two little holes for the front legs to go out. The wrist part was turned into a turtle neck and that was Pennys outfit, so she always matched grammas sweaters....LOL! I just loved that little Penny, and when my kids were all grown (youngest is 18) mommy wanted her own cute little Penny to love and spoil! She looked for me at the shelters and pound for 3 months before giving up and going to a bad breeder. She didn't know the breeder was bad (she didn't know what to look for at the time) until I was about 4 months old and found out I had a genetic skin condition. Then, at a bit over a year, we found out about my luxating patellas that I recently had surgery to correct. NOW mom knows what to look for in a good breeder! Due to my illnesses and expense, I will probably be an only baby. Which I love!!!! Although I do love visiting with other Chihuahuas!
So, I was named after mommies grandmas Chi Penny, whose bed had her own heating pad! (She loved that heating pad!)
[notify]
Harley

Angel Princess

Barked: Sun Jan 31, '10 5:58pm PST 
Tippi was named after the tip of her tail! It was white against her tan body.
She also had "white boots" on wink She's relatively gray these days! laugh out loud

Harley was going to be 'Marlei' but when I saw her, she just looked like a Harley! You wouldn't think that would be her name when you meet her, though, becuase she is a 2 lb little mama!

Lila Rae was named after General Hospital- Skye's daughter.
[notify]
Bella Luna

Barked: Sun Jan 31, '10 7:00pm PST 
Haha, I LOVE reading thesesmile Great stories! It's always interesting to hear how we all got our namessmile
[notify]
Bella

I'm the baby- gotta love me

Barked: Sat Feb 6, '10 9:26pm PST 
Bella's AKC name is "Princess Sara Bella" My daughter (who is 5) saw a baby picture of her on the breeders website. She fell in love. After contacting the breeder and finding out she was available I asked my daughter what she would call her if she could have her. She thought a little while and said Bella. She said her "big name" should be Princess Sara Bella.
[notify]
Bella Luna

Barked: Sun Feb 7, '10 9:21am PST 
Awww...Bellasmile That's a cute story! I'm glad your (human) sissy helped pick it out!! Hehe
[notify]
Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Sun Feb 7, '10 11:49am PST 
I was named by my "grandparents" who had me first. Mommy was there when they talked about names. She thought Princess was a little too popular a name and they liked the name Lily also. Mommy suggested Princess Lily but they stuck to Princess. When I came to live with Mom and Dad they decided to keep my name. Really my name should be spelled Princesse , since I am French, but since this an English website... I guess my real name is Princesse Lilywink
[notify]
Bella

I'm the baby- gotta love me

Barked: Tue Feb 9, '10 1:59pm PST 
Did anyone change their dogs name when they were older? We're going to be getting a retired breeding dog (almost 3) and her name is Angel now, but I would like something a little more unique. Do you think it's OK to change her name?
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4