GO!

Posessive of chewies

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sparky

Lets Play

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '07 12:28pm PST 
My mommy has a question for all of your mommies - Are you possessive of your chewies? We have these great pig ears (they are not fatty or soft - really tough and we can chew on them for months) and I get really possessive of mine! I growl and snap at Tucker if he tries to take it from me or if he even gets close. And when mommy was going to take it from me cause I wasn't being nice, I growled and snapped at her too! She is worried that someday I am going to hurt someone. What should mommy do to help me get over this? Tucker looks so sad when I snap at him like that. He goes and sits on mommy's foot and puts his ears down! And then Tucker and Molly both walk way around me so they don't get too close and make me growl at them again. I have been a little grumpy in general for a while now - not sure why, but I am. frown Thanks for your suggestions!
Sparky
[notify]
Dancer- (6-08-06 - 8-25-08)

The Tiniest- Things Can- Change The- World!

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '07 1:36pm PST 
Me not know how to help...me not posesive...that's why everypup takes all my stuff and tears it to itty bitty pieces. Now my mommadog on the other had is a grouch...don't touch her stuff either. I guess some pups are just that way.
[notify]
Birdie- (12-15-2002/- 7-15-2011)

Lets take a- nap!! - *snickers*

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '07 9:09pm PST 
They only solution Mommy has is to take the Pigs Ears out of the situation. It's probably just the Pigs Ears that are making you do that. They are really really yummy!! Maybe it's a primal thing kinda like raw meat? Not sure. Hope that helps. Sorry to Tucker and Molly.

B.shrug
[notify]

Sparky

Lets Play

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '07 7:48am PST 
Thanks Dancer and Birdie. Mommy puts them up when I get like that, but Tucker and Molly don't think that's very fair! But the only solution mommy could come with too! I was way happier this morning when I woke up! Maybe I just needed more sleep???
[notify]
♥Zeld- a- Marie&hearts- ;

GOT- KISSES?

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '07 10:21am PST 
Penny Ann and I are both very possessive of our chewies, bones, pretty much anything we are in possession of at the moment. We growl and snap at each other and at the twins. We rarely growl at Mommy because Mommy will not tolerate that! She bops us and scolds us if we ever growl at her. Nope! Growling at pawents is a huge no-no! We look at the whole family as our 'pack'. We would like to be the leader, but Mom and Dad will not allow it. eek

Edited by author Fri Apr 6, '07 10:22am PST

[notify]
Sparky

Lets Play

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '07 12:32pm PST 
Zelda Marie - trust me - I got a bit of a bop for that growl/snap too! Mommy just hates having to do that, but she says sometimes she has to snap me out of it! I usually let her be the boss of me, but sometimes those puppies just make me forget that I can growl at them but not mommy!
[notify]