GO!

relocating to the cold

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Naia

Yes, I really am- a chihuahua!

Barked: Fri Mar 30, '07 2:17pm PST 
Naia and I live in FL, where I bought her. All my family lives in Minnesota (brrr...) and I'm thinking about moving back. Naia visits MN at least twice a year with me and she loves it there! I'm a little worried though about making her live in the snow! I'm wondering if there are any chi's out there that live in the snow and can tell us what it's like. How do you go potty? What do you do for fun in the winter? Naia loves sunbathing.... do you think she will be sad in the winters in MN (like how humans get seasonal affect disorder)?
[notify]
Tinkerbell

I'm just a- Tinker Stinker!

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '07 8:14pm PST 
I don't live in Minnesota but I live in Missouri. The humans here shovel a big place for my sibs and I in the snow. We have coats that we wear when it is cold.
[notify]
- Shift Chanel- Anniston

PPR me ASAP!!

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '07 3:03pm PST 
This was our first winter with Shift and we shoveled a spot right outside the door of the patio for him and it worked well. With Shift, I used a jacket only in extreme cold and for walks. He was in and out so quick anyway. As soon as you decide to relocate, check stores for clearance winter coats and Ebay so you can get ready for winter without spending a bundle.

As for the sunbathing, our love seat is right by the window so Shift would lie up there and have the sun warm him. You could always buy a cat perch if you need something against a window.
[notify]

Bella Fiona- Sophia

I'm the boss!

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '07 7:26am PST 
I live in Colorado and shovel like the other people. I make a small spot right outside the back door. She gets out there and does her business pretty fast and runs back in. Just get you baby some nice warm coats for outside and sweaters for inside. Also, find a place where the sun comes in and make a "sun spot" for her. I don't really walk my chi in the winter here. So we play extra hard inside to keep her in shape!
[notify]