GO!

A sad month for Dogster chis...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Lucy

Very Busy Bee!

Barked: Tue Mar 20, '07 4:44pm PST 
So sorry to hear about the loss of Angel and Coco. We will keep your family in our thoughts. (nn)
[notify]
"Our sweet- Angel' RIP- 3/2/07

Adopt an older- dog, We make- great pets

Barked: Tue Mar 20, '07 9:54pm PST 
Just thought we would let all know it was not a brain tumor that killed Angel. It was the recalled food. We had no idea until the recall and seen her food on it. The seizures were convulsions. We were stumped by the brain tumor thing and never had time to have an MRI done. The vets even said that she did not have certain signs like pupil size different and her reflexes were good. It is just a typical explanation when an older dog has seizure activity. We are really upset that after she started doing better, after 4 days on iv fluid and antibiotics we fed her more of the food and that is when she got really bad. We can't blame ourselves but i am mad they did not recall sooner. Nothing they could do could fix what happened and what we seen her go through. Even before the recall my fiance' and I could not stop talking about how she acted like she was poisoned. Our vets told us to call the FDA and report her death. While talking to the lady she said that they have had reports of over 1000 deaths. The 10 they are reporting were the poor lab animals that died during their lab test. 10 out of 60 died and they wanted to do more test before recalling. I wish i would not have fed her the pouch food mixed with the natural balance, i thought i was being a good mom and to know now i was poisoning her. We are devistated.
[notify]
ANGEL

CB stole my <3

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '07 1:31am PST 
wow angel im so sorry that you died from the poisioning the problem is i think i fed a few of my kittys some of the recalled food and im sure ie fed my doggys that to. but they seem to be ok so far but im keeping a very close eye on them. you know its not fair now they will get away with it all and even if we didnt loose our pets and they didnt get sick and stuff its still stress on all of us. i cant imagine losing any of my pets due to food. its none of our faults but they should have paid more attention to the food and what they were doing they should have not let it go this far and to think this has been going on since dec is appaling. I kind of wonder if it even went on before then becuase we lost our dear taco on nov8 which is right before all that came out and he just up and died. so i wonder.
[notify]

Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Thu Mar 22, '07 6:01am PST 
Oh sweetheart, that is such sad news. We are so sorry it was from that food.

Angel Rose - it says the pet food was manufactured between December 3, 2006 and March 6, 2007 so that it is unlikely the cause of Taco's death. If it had been manufactured before that they would now have to say for sure due to the enquiry about it.
[notify]
Sissy

Merry Christmas

Barked: Fri Mar 23, '07 7:53pm PST 
I feel sooo sadcry. I'm gonna ask them to be my pals. And guess what? We could possibly loose chis from the rat poisening in the food. Yah know some people that don't have TV barely come on here.
[notify]
Snickers gone but not forgoten

R.I.P Snicks

Barked: Fri Mar 23, '07 8:11pm PST 
It is sooo sad to hear these loses and think about Snicks. She died on November 28. When she passed my aunt came over and we cried for 1/2hour. And Fifi actually had tears in her eyes I swear!
[notify]
Carlos- Amigos- Santana- Sealy

loved by many- but belong only- to Mama

Barked: Fri Mar 23, '07 8:53pm PST 
I am so sorry to hear about this. This really does sadden me.

We lost a dear one. She wasnt a chi, but a mutt. her name is tootie.
we figured a lady up the road poisoned her. long story to that...but thats what we figured. This happened about a month ago.

Then all this came out about the pet food. mama had bought tootie some gravy dog food. the dry kind you add water to, and you have gravy. she actually left a post on this on the main forums.

Anyway, now mama is kinda scared and concerned although they are saying can dog food...mama is wondering, did she feed tootie the contaminated food.
Us chis, dont like cheap food, there is no way we would eat that stuff.

It hurts and mama has been so upset about 2 things.
1st...she called the police on the lady she thought poisoned tootie.
and she had a few words with her.
2nd ..she is upset because she feels like she is responsible for all this.
mama says she is going to go apologize to the woman for blaming her.
mama feels she is to blame.

What in the world is the world coming to when they start doing stuff like this!

Im so sorry for your loss, and you will be in mommies prayers.

(Tootie has a page, she is on under our family)
[notify]
Snickers gone but not forgoten

R.I.P Snicks

Barked: Sat Mar 31, '07 2:05pm PST 
Add Joshua. I read he died this morning.cry
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2