GO!

Love The Chessie

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

SHADOW - RIP 14 June- 2014

BORN TO SERVE

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 10:34pm PST 
I grew up with the Chessie. Our family breed them for 25 yrs in Upstate NY. Our one female came out of CT in 62.

I want to go back too owning one in a few more years. I plan on training one for my next Service Dog. Chessies love to be busy and they will have fun retrieving dropped items, getting the phone, getting drinks out of the fridge, balance and mobility use..

I currently have a lab/boxer mix and due to a deformed jaw he can't retrieve or pick up dropped items. So, I want to go back to owning a Chessie. A Chessie has to be kept busy and this will be a great fit for my needs.

So far I'm having no luck in finding breeders in AZ. I want one from sound stock that is gentle and kind... Anyone know of breeders in the SW? My current Service Dog will begin to retire in about 3 more years... The Chessie pup will take 2 plus years to train for Service Dog work...

Ellen and Shadow Walker
[notify]