GO!

Aussie Forum says this looks like a Catahoula Leopard?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Marlowe

Barked: Thu Sep 19, '13 11:05pm PST 
Hi everyone! I posted a question about my "Australian Shepherd" mix on the Aussie forum and a couple members mentions that he isn't Aussie and looks more like a catahoula. What do you think?

He's 5 months old now and SUPER bright, eager to please and of course energetic. The curling tail makes me think he's not a full blooded catahoula, but everything else seems consistent with the breed.

I'd love to hear your input! I'm trying to figure out what breed he is so we can estimate how big he'll grow. Also, I know Aussies are more prone to genetic issues and tend to not handle heartworm meds well. It would just be helpful to have an idea of what he is.

Why can't I post a photo? He's the dog in my profile.
[notify]
Shadow

65lb Lap dog

Barked: Sat Sep 21, '13 11:43pm PST 
I'd agree,you've at least got a mix.Everything you're saying so far suggests a typical Catahoula pup,especially the webbed feet you mentioned in the other thread.It's possible he's a purebred,Catahoulas come in different varieties since they aren't an official breed with the AKC and are mostly bred for working ability,rather than looks.Congratulations on your new foster pup and expect plenty of entertainment,Catahoulas are something else laugh out loud
[notify]
Cloe

Barked: Fri Nov 29, '13 12:51pm PST 
Looks like a houla to me. Great dogs love their family and need to be included as much as possible. Very sensitive and smart. Not crazy about strangers they are very protective of their car their home and their people. Socialize them as much as possible ad a pup. Good luck he is a cutie. White face could mean greater likely hood of some hearing or vision problems. Usually not progressive.
[notify]