GO!

Following

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Gumball

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 12:59pm PST 
My new mom adopted me from a rescue about 2 weeks ago. Since then I have been following her around everywhere she goes, upstairs, kitchen bathroom, if I'm playing with my human brother&sister&my mom leaves the room so do I. Is this what I'm suppose to do? What does it mean? Will I continue to do this always?
[notify]
Pandora

Barked: Sun Mar 31, '13 2:20pm PST 
Some of it might be the new home; a lot of newly rescued puppies follow their pack leader. Some of it might just be personality, though. I still follow my mom to the bathroom when we're the only ones home all the time!

Work with the other people in your family and learn how to tell when your mom will be back. My mom uses the command "I'll be right back." She'd have me sit with her brother or "stay" and then leave the room. She rewarded me if I didn't move except maybe to see the entryway.It takes a while-just like learning "stay" can, but it is possible.

Good luck!
[notify]