GO!

How long can a cat go without peeing? What's normal?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Emma Barrett

It\'s good to be- the Queen

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 11:11am PST 
BooBoo:

Well, we are glad to hear that IT did "his duty" in the litterbox. Know your Meowma was worried. Our meowmy is always checking us out if we seem to be holding a paw a diferent way, limping, etc.

All of us look forward to IT's page and the announcment of his name. This can all work to your advantage.....rub up against your Mewoma and give her the "sad kitty look".....ALWAYS works for me, and I get extra treats and attention.
[notify]
BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 1:46pm PST 
Boris-- not that it's a much better thing, but he was already declawed and neutered when trapped--even if he escaped, and was not thrown out, why didn't anyone come looking for him? It's very sad--but all better now. He won't have to worry about such things any more.
[notify]
Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 3:28pm PST 
*If* the cat is blocked, and cannot pee, you have 12 hours.

This sounds more like the little guy was just scared, which is normal, for
a new cat coming into a household, and all that he has been thru.

Just be aware, it can take a good 10 days for a cat to be come acclumated
to a new household, kittens take 14 days.

Oliver is right, a new kitten should be confined in a large carrier for a
couple of days, so he feels secure, and you can monitor his eating and
bathroom.

Then he should be confined to a small room, or large cage, so the other cats
can't get to him, and he does not feel threatened, after a week, you can
do supervised "visits", but be ready to grab BooBoo, and be prepared for
some hissing and growling, this is normal.

Do not leave them unattended together for at least a week.

Bless you for taking in this special boy, and tell BooBoo, Bumpurr said he
better get over it, don't make Bumpurr come pay him a visit, mol, mol, mol.

wavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewave:- hwavewave
[notify]

Cookie

King of Mummy's- Lap

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 4:26pm PST 
if u have clumping litter in the litter box u might not see the pee.. as long as hes not peeing abnormally it shud not be a problem but if u feel that hes not peeing for very long he might have a urethra blockage.. ive rd about that but not sure if thats what he/she has
[notify]
Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Barked: Tue Apr 21, '09 7:22am PST 
Im full grown and have gone to many a cat shows and not pee'd or pooped all day-even tho we have a smaller littler box in our show cage. Mom couldnt wait to get me home so I could use my own covered toilet..
[notify]
BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Barked: Tue Apr 21, '09 10:42am PST 
Well, Meowma has made "IT" part of "my family" --without my permission! So you can find a link to him on my page--look at 'my family.' Meowma says I still get to do the talking for us, at least most of the time. Smart woman--she doesn't want to get me started.
And, oh yeah, she says to tell you guys that IT has now peed several times, and even pooped (though she thinks he hasn't eaten much lately till he got here)
So, thanks to everyone--apparently IT was just scared, and held it. I like the idea that IT may be a little wimpy, so he will submit to me easily....
[notify]
Rumble

Ultimate Tomcat

Barked: Tue Apr 21, '09 2:34pm PST 
Hey Boo Boo - It's pretty handsome!!! wink
[notify]
Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Barked: Tue Apr 21, '09 6:42pm PST 
Hey BooBoo, you should know, ITS new best friend, and mentor, is
Bumpurr!! He will squish you like a bug, *if* you should ever bother
IT. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. shockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshock

laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudapplauseapplauseapplauseapplausewave:- hwavewaveway to goway to goway to goway to goway to goway to gobig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]
Lucky Streak

Lucky I can- streak and- wasn't drowned

Barked: Thu Apr 23, '09 12:13am PST 
OHH Meow Mom is so right! I love the spots and strips and the every so cute "M" on it's head!!! hmm a M males name?

Aww BooBoo you will come to LOVE "it" we are sure!! Our meow mom uses the 6 month rule of thumb on cats that are over 1 year old... By six months you two will be GREAT friends and then another BIG leap of faith will happen after the 2nd year your new friend is still there.

We LOVE that your got an already declawed cat - he wasn't feral at all, just what our Meow Mom calls a hard - stray :-( How sad his previous folks gave UP looking for him!!!

We all think "It" is just handsome as can be and look forward to the naming!! hehehe Maybe Bathmat Bonnie and our Chunky Monkey Lucky Streak can come over and help protect IT from BooBoo should the need arise ;-)

wavecheercheercheercheercheer

Congratulations IT and BooBoo!!! WTG Meow Mom
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2