GO!

Has anyone purchased a puppy from Aces High Bullmastiffs?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  

Barked: Tue Aug 13, '13 4:05pm PST 
I will give an update on my original post. Yes I did receive my puppy. I had also put a deposit down on the "first pick" female as the poster before me also had lol. I got my puppy and was thrilled (at first ...for about 5 minutes)... maybe just thrilled because I had actually received a puppy after all the headache I went through ...begging for photos, updates, etc for months. I also have spent a lot of time on the phone with Jimmy and yes I also heard and tried to be VERY understanding about what he said as far as having a very rough time in his life at this time. About 15 minutes after having received my puppy from the airport, I realized that my puppy had a problem with her mouth. Her tongue was WAY to big for her mouth and stuck out about 1/2 inch. I then checked her bite and realized that she was slightly overshot in her bite. A major fault in the show ring. If I had just wanted a pet I would not have cared. But I had told Jimmy from the beginning that I wanted to show and breed my new dog. The tongue problem is the biggest concern as it will not fit in her mouth and will only get worse with age. It is called Macroglossia. I also received NO shot records or AKC paperwork with my pup. I also do not think my pup was 8 weeks old when I received her. I have owned and bred bullmastiffs for almost 15 years. My pups are aprox. between 15-22 pounds at 8 weeks old. The pup I received was 11 pounds and seemed VERY young. My guess would be that she was around 6 weeks old. So I contacted Jimmy the minute I arrived home from the airport (a 4 hour trip) and told him about her mouth. He claimed he did not notice it ..and asked me if I was sure? It is VERY obvious ..not sure If I can post photos on here but if anyone know how let me know. There is no way that someone who had this pup for 2 months did not notice a defect like this ...I noticed it in less than 15 minutes. He then told me I could return the pup at my expense and receive a replacement. OK GREAT ..now I have to PAY to ship the pup back after all of this Hell. Well shipping her back is quite the feat as the only flights going into OK from where I live arrive at around 5 pm and it is WAY too hot at that time of day for the airlines to allow me to ship her. So for now I am have this pup ...who is sweet, funny, and loving (and who I love). And my heart is breaking because I have to ship her back to him ...if/when the temps lower which could be a month or two for a replacement. All I can say is this sucks big time frown
[notify]

Barked: Wed Aug 14, '13 4:03am PST 
To add to my last post, to be fair to Jimmy, he is still trying to work with us to get the pup back to him and exchange her. He does answer all my phone calls, emails etc. I know some breeders when you have a problem will just drop off the face of the earth. He has not done that and he is still communicating with us. I was also thinking about how I was also promised first pick female. I did request a different color than the previous poster so that could be why we were both promised first pick (first pick of two different colors). I will post again later and let everyone know how it worked out in the end. I hope everyone else has their pups now and is enjoying them smile
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jan 8, '14 1:49pm PST 
Be very careful of any breeder that always has a litter of puppies.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Feb 26, '14 11:55am PST 
We purchased a male 2 years ago, he was a puppy that was a stud fee that Aces High had, and the original buyer backed out, so instead of waiting for a pup from the current litter he called to see if we wanted that pup instead. We said yes and the guy is fantastic. so we wanted to get a 2nd puppy at the beg of 2013. Same thing everyone else is going through, no call backs, promises of pictures, stalling, we paid our deposit in early Jan for a black brindle female that was to be ready to go in April. No calls, pictures, nothing, finally end of April I get a hold of him and he doesn't recall what was going on, then said he had no black brindles, then in a later conversation said they all died. But not to worry he has 2 more litters due soon. May, June, still stalling, won't send pics. Finally in July I really had it and got into it with him. I can't help is alleged divorce, this is a business transaction. In July it was, had puppies, nope don't have puppies, yes have puppies, too hot, cant ship, they are too young, then the story (again) of the brindles all died, no you can't come down here to pick up. no airlines will ship etc etc. I insisted on a return of the deposit or I was going to the local police. he refunded the money within 5 days. We went to a new breeder in Shreveport Louisianna. What a difference in breeders, interaction everything. bought the most beautiful little girl. and the heat is no problem if you use United. They have a area for pets in the cargo that is either heated or has a/c. so that was a bunch of nonsense. If anyone wants the new breeders info, email me at vandersinsurance@gmail.com
[notify]

Barked: Wed Mar 26, '14 6:33pm PST 
We dealt with this breeder 2 years ago. Would not recommend at all! We had two previous bullmastiffs and they were both mellow easy going dogs. We were lucky enough to have butch for 12 years, and our second sadly passed early at 6 with lymphoma. So we decide to go on the the akc website for breeder listings and aces high was one. So we called and ordered a female brindle puppy, put a deposit on her. Jimmy told us that there initially were 4 to choose from because the litter was just born. Then after 4 weeks he said there were only two left. I asked many times for pictures and to no avail. Up until he took all the money, we never saw which puppy we were getting. He did end up sending us two pictures and we had to choose. I'm not even sure the pictures that he sent were of the same dogs. She looked very small when she arrived and I wanted the vet records and there were none. So the vet listed at the bottom of the shipping papers was who I contacted and he said all he does is get them ready to ship not vaccine dates available. My vet seeing her said that she was 6 weeks not 8. When we received the papers for her registration they had someone else's name on them and the mother's name was different than what jimmy had told us. He said it was a "shared ownership with someone else. She does not have the personality of a bullmastiff having owned two prior to this. She is very hyper, stubborn, and sometimes aggressive. We have to really stay on top of her behavior. Her ears are always pinned back not like the typical breed. I know that she is not a purebred bullmastiff she is mixed with boxer/ pit. Very small head wide jaw line. We still love her and would not give her up but if you are looking for a bullmastiff there are other breeders out there with great reputations. How the akc can have them on their website is beyond comprehension . You could rescue a better dog in a shelter that will be our choice next time
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3