GO!

Bumps on paw pads and irritation between the toes?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Dexter

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 8:31am PST 
Hi all, I am new to the group, but I was wondering if anyone has had this issue with their bullmastiff or know what it is. We have been treating him with a topical foot soak for the bump on his paw pad (looks like a large wart) and redness between his toes, but just this morning I found another bump on his rear paw! Does anyone know what this could be?
[notify]

Barked: Tue Feb 14, '12 11:29pm PST 
Hi Dexter.
My Bullmastff, Blaze, used to get these weird scab-like spots on the pads of his paws. He also used to get irritations in the skin between his toes. It would get inflamed and looked painful.
Turned out to be a result of allergic reaction, combined with a couple foxtail bumps. I was lucky not to need foxtail surgery(from deep imbedded foxtails), I've seen Bullmastiffs with the scars between the toes and it's not pretty. My vet gave me-ahem- sold me- a product called Mal-A-Ket from Dermapet. You wash the paws and let them sit in the lather for 5-10min. Worked great.

He's 2 and a half and seems resistant to the reaction now, I haven't needed the wash in over a year.

As for the scabs, they just disappeared too. I think they're what they look like- just scabs in the paws from playing. He runs hard-- on the street, through the woods9, over rocks.. They're not exactly graceful or careful creatures. He seems to have toughened his pads too, theyve been in perfect condition for a while now.

Good luck and have fun!
[notify]