GO!

Are ear problems common with Bull Mastiffs

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sat Dec 10, '11 7:50pm PST 
My Bull Mastiff constantly shakes her head and scratches her ears. Is this common?

Do you have any suggestions for how to help her?
[notify]
Lulu

Barked: Wed Dec 21, '11 2:51pm PST 
No, ear problems are not common in the bullys. However, I have found with my female she keeps ear infections and I keep Epi-Otic and Tri-Optic. This you can get from your vet for about $25.00 for both. I keep it on hand and after 2-3 days of use she is fine again. I hope it helps
[notify]

Barked: Mon Dec 26, '11 7:12pm PST 
impacted anal glands can often cause ear infections .I work as a vet tech and more often than not we see this . Your vet can express them for you and cost is usually around 20$. They will be able to tell you if they are full or not its a good place to start .
[notify]

Magnum

Barked: Tue Dec 27, '11 9:34pm PST 
My bully boy came to us with a terrible ear infection (at 5yrs old). We got it under control and cut out the crap food in his diet. He gets only 5 star food now. Also, he loves, loves, loves water, so we have to be diligent about drying his ears out afterwards. He has not had another infection for over 6months.
[notify]