GO!

Hello From Ohio

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Hercules

Barked: Sat Aug 21, '10 5:47pm PST 
Hi im chris i just recently got my first bullmastiff his name is hercules he is a very sweet boy. he is 9 weeks weighing in a 25 lbs and he loves to play in the yard and chew his toys.
[notify]
Sadie

Barked: Wed Sep 8, '10 11:04am PST 
Hi. We are from Ohio as well. Where did you get your baby from? Our girl is almost 6 months old and weighs around 50lbs. What do you feed?
[notify]
Hercules

Barked: Thu Sep 23, '10 7:43pm PST 
hi, sorry for taking so long to respondsmile we got our puppy from petland it was our first bullmastiff. we feed natural choice large breed dog food with puppy boost. we feed him 3 times a day with 1 and 1 half cups of dog food and make shure he gets just enough exercise to stay lean. we took him to the vet for a check up today he is healthy and he currently weighs 43lbs. what part of ohio do you live in
[notify]

Hercules

Barked: Thu Sep 23, '10 9:06pm PST 
here is some new pics of him.
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3347/img1354r.jpg
http://i mg245.imageshack.us/img245/6193/img1356l.jpg

Edited by author Thu Sep 23, '10 9:21pm PST

[notify]
Kahuna

Only my cover is- scary. Read my- book.

Barked: Sun Sep 26, '10 2:25pm PST 
You got him from Petland? That corporation is falling like a house of cards all over the country. It's only a matter of time until they're all dismantled and rightly so. Along with all other pet stores.

Petland shut downs.

http://activerain.com/blogsview/893347/help-shut-down-petl and-pet-stores-and-those-like-them-

I wish you the best And fingers crossed your boy stays healthy. ALL pups sold in ANY pet store comes from puppy mills, no matter what the rep tells you. All the info is out there for the taking, it's not a secret.

Puppy mill info,
http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/puppy_mills/

Not wagging a finger, just want you to not purchase future Bullmastiffs at a pet store. Go through reputable breeders. No reputable breeder would sell to a pet store. If no one buys from pet stores puppy mills will shut down. And pet stores will have nowhere to get their pups from.

Type in puppy mill images. The first page will show how your boy and his parents lived (and still do)before he came to you. They clean them up real nice at pet stores though.............
[notify]
Hercules

Barked: Mon Sep 27, '10 11:25am PST 
well, a friend told me about it after we bought our puppy. so i did a ton of research on petland and i found out that petland dont directly buy dogs from puppy mills. the get all there dogs from hunte corp and they get there dogs from puppy mills/breeders its a huge company. after doing more research i found out that our puppy did not come from a puppy mill it came from a breeder. i went and looked on google maps and went on a road view they had a recent image of her house and i could see the kennels out side to make sure i looked up her number through a phone book and called her and asked her some questions. but all in all i am thankfull that my puppy did not come from a puppy mill. and i will never buy a puppy from petland never again.
[notify]
Hercules

Barked: Mon Sep 27, '10 2:33pm PST 
i dont mean to come off as rude but if you would do more research you would know that not All dogs at pet stores come from puppy mills. and i do agree with you on the fact that pet stores should be shut down.
have a good day
[notify]
Kahuna

Barked: Mon Sep 27, '10 6:17pm PST 
This aint my first rodeo. I've been a member of a strictly Bullmastiff forum (http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bullmastiffforu) for 7yrs and here on Dogster for a few. Please I welcome you to join the Bullmastiff index. People there are a wealth of knowledge. *Reputable breeders*, vet techs, etc.

The reason why reputable breeders don't sell to pet stores is they want to know where their pup ends end. You'll never know who actually bred your boy, not ever. You'll never speak with them and they'll never help you with questions or problems. They'll also not take your pup back if there was a problem (health or behaviral wise) a reputable WANTS their pup back if any of these issues arise. They don't want that pup dumped at a sheltor or put into rescue.

To add a reputable breeder wants top dollar (1000's) so does the pet store. If both want the same thing it cannot be acheived through reputable means. Know wgat I mean. Pet stores can sell at top dollar because a rep will buy 6-10 pups at a very low price(few hundred) then turn around sell to the pet store, pet store jacks up the price very hih then the kick back to the puppy mill is huge. AIf a reputable breeder sold a pup for $1500-3000 and so did the pet store (which they do) niether would make any money. They buy them in quantity from puppy mills then sell them for top dollar at pet stores.

They do everything they can to cover their tracks from the public. Lying is paramount to keep customers coming back. The need a back story and faccillatater unte corpto convic unsuspecting good folk.

Please join the bullmastiff index. I'm also sending you an invite to Bodacius bullfson dogster. All these folks are connected on facebook too.

Ask your breeder the one you called if she'll take her pup back because you've changed your mind and don't want him. She will say NO. A reputable breeder would take him back in a heart beat. Also ask if you could come visit. She'll give you every excuse why you cannot.

Your pup is adorabull I hope there's never any health issues with him that could have been prevented. regards, Dana
[notify]
Kahuna

Barked: Tue Sep 28, '10 7:59am PST 
Sorry about all the miss spelled words. It wouldn't let me edit for some reason, just kept taking away the letters without letting me replace them!

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bullmastiffforu

I go by Tyler on there!
[notify]