GO!

Anyone in Washington State???

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Mon Nov 2, '09 6:56am PST 
I am looking for Bullmastiff owners in WA. I live in Lake Stevens/Everett/Marysville area.

Edited by author Mon Nov 2, '09 6:56am PST

[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Mon Nov 2, '09 10:53am PST 
I know of lots of them. Washington is a hot spot for Bullmastiffs.

Are you looking for owners, or a breeder?
[notify]

Barked: Mon Nov 2, '09 4:19pm PST 
I am looking for owners. I am picking up my puppy in LA on Dec 2. I am looking for any Vet recomendations for my area my last vet I had for my Rott. wasn't very helpful with his cancer and by the time I realzed it, it was too late and we lost him. So anybody that has any thoughts would be appreciated.
[notify]

Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Tue Nov 3, '09 4:10pm PST 
I'll see what I can find for you. I'm sure somebody will have a reccomendation. big grin
[notify]

Barked: Wed Nov 4, '09 6:53am PST 
Thanks there are so many vets I was going to have a meet and greet with a few next week.
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Wed Nov 4, '09 10:31am PST 
Okay, I have some names for you...

I don't know where Shelton is in relation to you, but an awesome Bullmastiff breeder I know in Olympia uses Dr. Gary Olson at Shelton Veterinary Hospital. The number there is 360-426-2616. She's had Bullmastiffs since 1982 and has had some of the top dogs in the breed, so if she reccomends them, so do I! Obviously, they are very familiar with the breed then, too.

Another friend reccomendeds Dr. Sodhi who has a clinic both in Bellevue and Lynnwood.

A friend with Dogue De Bordeauxs (who are almost as awesome as Bullmastiffs) reccomends a fantastic vet near Mill Creek, who is a Mastiff person herself. Dr. Donna Sowder is at Animal Hospital at Murphy's Corner and can be reached at 425-316-8387. These particular folks said they would never even consider bringing their Dogues to a different vet.

I hope this helps you some and not knowing Washington geography in the least, that these are all places within a reasonable drive for you. Let me know what you think!

Oh, and PS. I have a friend in Seattle (who used to own a Bullmastiff, and now has a Pit) and she told me to tell you she would volunteer to be your new puppy's trainer/puppysitter/go-to gal. laugh out loud

(She's in the BB group, too. You'll meet her soon. wink)
[notify]

Barked: Thu Nov 5, '09 8:05am PST 
Thank you so much for the info Mill Creek and Lynnwood are closest to me I will definatly call those vets and as soon as I get my little girl, puppy friends are going to be needed so I will get in contact with you about your friend. Again Thank you soooo much I have asked for help on other forums and they say if you join and pay a fee they will give you info. So you have been awesome.
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Fri Nov 6, '09 2:56pm PST 
I'm glad I could help!

I'm very lucky that I know a lot of Bullmastiff people through Dogster and the Bullmastiff community as a whole that I can turn to to help me out with this kind of thing! big grin
[notify]