GO!

needing some help/advice

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Mack

Love Muffin

Barked: Fri Oct 17, '08 4:02pm PST 
Bravo everyone! That's so funny Abbey because the SECOND I read this post I thought of Abbey and all her "issues".

Here's the thing though, I swear that we've all been through it. For a while, I really was at the Vet every week. As I told Abbey, there as a time when I felt like I was a horrible pawrent!! I mean, I was giving him the right food, walks, everything! It's just that age. I swear.

I agree with Brit (I can't remember if she posted under Zeus or Grace), but I think you need a new vet for sure! The fact of the matter is that some Vets don't understand these dogs. I know mine doesn't!!!

Lastly, keep the stomach thing in mind. I'm not going to preach about the rawhides b/c everyone makes their own decisions. I used to give one to Mack every once in a while because I always used to give them to my Labs a nd never had a problem. These dogs are totally different! Bloat is so common and it can happen so quickly. They're just sensitive big babies!!

Stick with it! I'm sure you're doing a great jobsmile
[notify]
Sadie

Barked: Fri May 29, '09 11:21am PST 
Hi! I just wanted to let you know that we feed our Bullmastiff Eaglepack Holistic blend. I was going to put her on Innova but I was told that when they are pups that innova might be TO rich in nutrients for them. Sounded kinda weird so i did more research and we went with theeaglepack. She does wonderful on it! Her stool became better and you could see the difference in her body as well, she also wasn't hungry as much! Also don't forget to slowly switch your dog if you change foods because that can cause some of the stomach problems. Hope this helps!
[notify]
Bella and- Bailey

Barked: Sun Jul 19, '09 3:53pm PST 
Hey there...I am a new bully owner so I can't really answer your questions. HOWEVER, if you are in Cali or a neighboring state it might be worth a drive here to visit Dr. Butchko. he is a vet that specializes in bully breeds and could give you more help regarding diet and all of that stuff.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2