GO!

Skin issues...home remedies?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  

Barked: Tue Dec 31, '13 6:48pm PST 
I had a boxer with Demodex. fortunately I found a good vet who worked with me and had treated it before. daily doses of liquid Ivermectin (I got mine from Southern States in the cattle supply section)... you vet will give you the appropriate dose for your dog (weight and severity, my boxer lost ALL her fur). I supplemented with 1/2 teaspoon of Sesame oil and a fish oil tablet. These really seemed to help boost her immune system and in 3 months her fur started to grow back. If I had known from the get go I was demodex and not mange, she might not have lost all her fur. She was scaly before the doses.
Hope this helps.
[notify]
Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Fri Feb 14, '14 1:44pm PST 
Sparkles has issues too. Anything from yeasty ears to corneal ulcers from dry eye. At one point, her skin became scabby all over her body and she had yeast infections in random places on her skin. We found out that adding a tablespoon of organic coconut oil to her food morning and evening helps dramatically. Her fur is soft and shiny and she's energetic and healthy. She also has to eat only grain free and fish based food since grains fuel yeast and she's allergic to so many proteins. We recently added the organic Apple cider vinegar to her food morning and night also because she still has some yeasty issues in the winter but that's mostly because she has to wear a cone and she gets snow in it which gets her chest wet lol. These bulldogs, love them, but they have the biggest issues lol
[notify]

Barked: Thu Feb 27, '14 3:13pm PST 
Please help... I have an English Bulldog UGA if you will( I live in Georgia.) That was dumped, I found him rutting in my koi pond, It was in the high 70's and he was hot. He stinks, he sheds horribly and the scratching is awefull. I feel so bad for him. He will see our vet tomorrow. I was hoping someone would claim him why I waited a couple of weeks before making an appt. As usual the two legged among us don't do the right thing. My dogs eat grain free so he's doing the same now. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE SO HELPFULL TO US. Thanks
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2