GO!

Best food for Brussels Griffon

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Pepe (aka- Booboo)

Boobitis- Spazzitis

Barked: Wed Aug 13, '08 8:45am PST 
I am currently feeding "Orijen" to my two griffons. The stuff is excellent, but I wanted to know what other owners feed their griffons. I'm concerned that it may not be the best for this breed. Any suggestions?
[notify]
Rufus

His Royal- Highness

Barked: Sun Aug 31, '08 10:39am PST 
We just started feeding Orijen too!! My trainer feeds it to her dog and she is very knowledgeable about all this stuff and I felt it was good enough for her dog; I'd give it a try. So far so good, my boy likes it and he will often clear out his bowl.

According to the shop though, you have to be careful not to over feed as it's very high in protein so i've been measuring out specific amounts of food. I worry that we'll end up lardy but it's too early to say. My griff does get alot of exercise during the day too so hopefully that would keep the fat at bay.
[notify]
benny

sir. loves-a-lot

Barked: Sat Nov 8, '08 11:48am PST 
i have my dog on canadai, all life stage. i think that how you spell it.lol. i had my dog on another brand but i had to take him off it was too high on protein and the dog kept throwing up all the time.shock
[notify]

Charley

Licky-licky

Barked: Wed Dec 24, '08 7:05am PST 
Hills Z/D Ultra... on a food trial to see if he food is one of his several allergies (the others include a particular mold, flea bites and Johnson grass.)
[notify]
Zoe

"Hi! I'm Zoe.- Wanna be my- friend"?

Barked: Fri Dec 26, '08 9:24am PST 
Zoe & Oscar are on Orijen too! I also mix a tablespoon of party animal organic wet food. They seem to love it.
[notify]
Rocky

Rocky the- RockStar

Barked: Tue Feb 10, '09 3:55pm PST 
We started off with Eukanuba. My girf loved it, but wanted something a little healthier, maybe holistic. We tried a few other brands out there and finally found one that was perfect....Halo. Now that was a good find. Rocky absolutely loves it.
[notify]
Phoebe, CGC

I'm a Brussel- Sprout!

Barked: Tue Mar 3, '09 1:57pm PST 
Phoebe (1 year old Brussels Griffon/Yorkie mix) is on a rotational plan, that includes Solid Gold, Orijen, Fromm, and Wellness kibble with Wellness, Natural Balance, and Natural Balance canned. She gets that in the morning, and at night I do raw five nights a week and home cooked the other two. This same basic plan worked for my Malamute mix, Dakotah, for sixteen years, has worked well for my Powderpuff Chinese Crested who is six now, and is working well for Phoebe. I hope this helps.
[notify]
Rocky

Barked: Tue Mar 3, '09 4:40pm PST 
I have been feeding Rocky Organix...Is there anything better? Also, are their supplements that will increase my dog's immune system?

Thanks!
[notify]
PARIS

I am just here- to have fun!!!

Barked: Sat May 16, '09 4:26am PST 
Wellness chicken is what we give them...it was supposed to be one of the best all natural food to give...I guess not anymore...any suggestions? What is Orijen? never heard of it...

Edited by author Sat May 16, '09 4:28am PST

[notify]
Kirby

Barked: Tue Oct 6, '09 3:22pm PST 
I feed my Kirby Fromm kibble (Pork and Applesauce flavor). Seemed to like it at first. Also canned Caniadai. Very finicky eater.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2