GO!

What kind of collar?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Tigger

Barked: Fri Apr 24, '09 2:04pm PST 
What kind of collar to do use? I've gained alot of weight in the past year, and now my neck is bigger than my head. Mom's been trying to find a good collar, but the challenge is that if we find one that fits my neck, it'll slip over my head to easy.

I currently have a buckle one and was outside with my skin sisters. They grabbed my collar to guide me back in the house and I slipped right out.

Just looking for any feedback.
[notify]
Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Fri Apr 24, '09 4:06pm PST 
what about a martingale collar? That way it's looser, but when you grab it it won't slip over his head?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=martingale%20co llar&tag=martcol-20&index=garden&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=932 5

Sorry, I still haven't figured out the links, but you can copy and paste, just delete any spaces that pop in... Or just go to Amazon.com and type in Martingale collars in the search field.

Personally, I think if you're going to use it for an everyday collar, I'd buy the all fabric, rather than the one with the chain. I've just never been a fan of chain collars.
[notify]
Tigger

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 7:52am PST 
Thanks Max.

I'm not a fan of chain collars either. My pawrents have never used one on me, but I flinched when someone at the petstore grabbed one to show her. She thinks one of my previous owners must have used one on me before.

We'll take a look at those Martingale collars.
[notify]

Max

If it WAS yours- It's now MINE !!-

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 9:05am PST 
I have had 5 boxers and this had been my problem with 3 of them

The only ones I don't have this problem with is Max still a pup and Hannah a very small girl who's neck is small also ( not to sure she's purebreed)

I never realy found good collars just don't tie them out they will get lose (and I think thats mean anyway)

And I make sure they listen very well so they don't try to pul back out of their collars when walking I did use a harnest for my problem boy Duke and I use one with the pup Max now ... So he will learn to walk right...

Good luck....
[notify]
Tigger

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 10:54am PST 
Thanks Max wave

We have a fenced back yard that I can roam, so I don't get in this situation very often. Sometimes when Mom is out front she'll let me roam the yard with her (we don't like to tie up either). But I do have the challenge when other dogs are walking by I like to go up and say hi. This is when the family will tell me to "stay" and grab my collar to make sure I don't leave the yard. If I think it's going to be a game, I'll rodeo and slip out of my collar. For walks, we also use a harness - it's the greatest!

So, I know it's not very often I'll slip out, but Mom likes to make sure we're ready for anything.
[notify]