GO!

playing or dominate behaviour?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Chewbacca

Play?! Let's- PLAY!!!

Barked: Tue Mar 17, '09 1:18pm PST 
I have a mixed opinion on this.

Chewie likes to put his paw on the shoulders of dogs when he plays. I feel like it's Boxer playing or meeting a new dog (after the inital greeting). But then I feel like he is trying to establish dominance.
He has ALWAYS done this, even when he was really young he'd get on his back legs to get on the shoulders of dogs.

The last puppy play date we had was with an Akita about the same size as him and all he wanted to do was wrestle and play dominance games.

Opinions?
[notify]
Pepper

you say cookie?- now I listen.

Barked: Tue Mar 17, '09 5:55pm PST 
at least w/ my boxer it's how she initiates play, and most of her playing is boxing. It's never seemed to me a dominance thing as she's perfectly happy in the course of play to be either dominate or submissive depending on the dogs she's playing with.
[notify]