GO!

Whats your crate size?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Harley

Barked: Sat Jan 10, '09 7:46am PST 
My mommy is trying to get me a better crate, since I am a growing boy and currently growing out of my other crate. Mommy is thinking about: Size: 42" Long x 28" Wide x 31" High, but doesnt know if that would be too big. What size does everyone else have?
[notify]
Daytona

Barked: Sat Jan 10, '09 6:05pm PST 
I think that is the size I am in. I know it is a extra large. When I little mom had to put in the divider in it. but now I don't need it
[notify]
Pepper

you say cookie?- now I listen.

Barked: Sat Jan 10, '09 7:01pm PST 
that's the size we got for pepper. it's big enough for her now (full grown) to where she can lay down and stand up comfortably. when she was smaller we just used a divider.
[notify]

♥- Apollo- ♥

Mine! Mine!- Mine!

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 2:10pm PST 
I believe ours is either the 42" or 46" it depends on the manufacturer. The 36" we also have but its almost too small for my larger males. It depends on your boxers size. My small female boxer is only about 55lbs and 22inch at her shoulders and the 36" is fine but for Apollo and Bentley who are both 90+ lbs and like 28 or 29 inches tall they need the larger size to stretch out in in summer.
[notify]
Gwydion

Boxer Gentleman

Barked: Sun Jan 18, '09 6:08pm PST 
We like our 42" here. You can always use the puppy divider until you need the whole thing, but its gets expensive to replace kennels when you outgrow them.
[notify]
Jax

Jaxel- Rose-----Welcome- to the- Jungle....

Barked: Fri Mar 6, '09 10:57am PST 
Mom had to get the XL version (2 door, wire collapsible) b/c I am all legs and wouldn't get into a crate that was smaller. I don't think Petco had anything larger. It's about the same size that a German Shepard would fit comfortable in.
[notify]
Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Sat Mar 7, '09 11:45pm PST 
Max has the 42". We bought that one when Max was a pup and used the divider... We now have that one, plus one large plastic crate (I think it's 29? something like that), and then the large dog house we got at petco... The dog house is gray with a green roof and has a door, so we use it indoors as a crate... it's cool.. Sam's in that one now since he's outgrown Xena... (Xena gets the plain plastic one)

PS, the nice thing about the big wire one is that the tray is easy to pull out and wipe down.. Plus it gives them plenty of space to turn around and stretch out.
[notify]
Layla

Classic Beauty

Barked: Sun Mar 8, '09 1:40pm PST 
We have the biggest wire one that TSC sold, and it has 3 gates.

I usually crate both my boxers together-they love to cuddle they always end up sleeping when they are crated anyway.

Heck-sometimes the lab gets in their with them too hahaha
[notify]
Roma

Barked: Tue Mar 17, '09 6:37am PST 
My Boxer puppies are pretty big. They both are around 75 pounds and tall. I use an Xtra Large crate and it comes with a divider. Eventually they grew out of the divider and now the Xtra large crate is perfect for them.
[notify]
Hannah

I am Loved

Barked: Tue Apr 14, '09 8:48am PST 
I have a 42" there is so much room in there I think mom should let me lil brother Max in too but he has his own a bit smaller 24" he will need a new one once he grows ...
[notify]