GO!

Max did a great obedience demo!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Sun Nov 9, '08 9:45pm PST 
So, we went to a pawesome local event called "Strutt your Mutt" yesterday and our trainers were there with a demo course set up. We (just Max and I) walked up to our favorite trainer to say hello while he was talking to someone and right when we walked up he saw us and volunteered us to do a demo for the lady with her Great Dane pup... I was a little nervous as we've been slacking on our training lately and there were SOOOOO many distractions (Las Vegas Dock Dogs was doing a competition diving contest right across- tons of people and dogs, etc).... but we said sure and went into the area... We started off with some basic sit/stay recall and then moved on to agility and some advanced obedience. MAX DID AMAZING! I was SO impressed! Oh I am just so proud of him. He did awesome and when we were done and he was on "break" he kept going through the agility tunnel (which is his absolute favorite)! Anyway, I just wish everyone could have seen him- he did such a great job that I had to brag a bit!

Yea Max!

(now, if I can just get him to pass the Therapy Dog certification... for some reason he doesn't like to sit and stay with a stranger when I leave him... he is such a mama's boy!)
[notify]
Gwydion

Boxer Gentleman

Barked: Mon Nov 10, '08 4:12am PST 
cheercheercheercheer Thats GREAT Max! applauseapplauseapplauseapplause Good job
[notify]
Hershey aka- Silky

lets play ball!

Barked: Mon Nov 10, '08 10:10am PST 
Wow Max thats great happy dance blue dog happy dance

Agility sure sounds like fun Mommy wants 2 put us in a course next year hamster dance

(dont worry Mia & I wouldnt sit with a stranger either if Mommy left us laugh out loud )
[notify]

Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Mon Nov 17, '08 5:02pm PST 
Agility is pawsome! (in fact, this is my last post today because Xena and Max have class at 6!) Our trainers won't take a pup for agility until it's at least 1 year old. Max started at 2 and this is only Xena's 3rd class- it's their first class together so we'll see how we do!

Yeah, I wish there was a way around it but they want the dog to stay calmly with a stranger while I walk away and actually leave the room. Max does okay until I'm out of sight and then you hear him start "protesting." Which stinks because he's such a lover and I know he could bring a lot of joy to some sick people!

Thanks for the applause!
[notify]
Rocco

Don't let things- bother you!

Barked: Thu Nov 20, '08 9:08pm PST 
Congrats Max!
[notify]