GO!

Did he recognize one of his "own"??

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Chewbacca

Play?! Let's- PLAY!!!

Barked: Fri Oct 24, '08 9:41am PST 
Last night we went to a friend's house who has 2 Pugs and an older male Boxer named Titus.

"Grandpa" Titus is 9 yo and he is stiff, gray, balding and missing teeth, but OMD what a sweetie!!!

When we first entered the house Titus was put away and Chewie got to meet the Pug's and play with them for a while.
Then they brought out Titus, who is very calm but a few times had to put the youngster, Chewie, is his place. But he was so gentle in how he did it, all he did was stand over Chewie who immediately submitted to him.
After this happened a few times Chewie was OBSESSED with Titus, he kept licking his face and would get under Titus and just stand there.

He almost forgot about the pugs!

At one point one of the pugs and Chewie got into a scuffle and Titus came over and stood over both of them and broke it up!!!

Chewie kept licking Titus and standing under him almost like it was his Dad or something!

Chewie has been around adult female labs and didn't even act like that, what do you think it was all about? Do you think he recognized one of his own??
[notify]
Frankie Bowie

i'm watching you- with my BLUE- eye!

Barked: Sat Oct 25, '08 11:01am PST 
I have no idea but that is so cute ...lol
[notify]
SANTANA

I am all that is- Dog

Barked: Wed Oct 29, '08 1:21pm PST 
he was submitting to the older boxer and basically saying "u da boss!" isnt it so cute seeing dogs interact with each other!
[notify]

Chewbacca

Play?! Let's- PLAY!!!

Barked: Thu Oct 30, '08 8:36am PST 
It is VERY cute seeing Boxer's interact with one another. I love meeting other Boxer's too cause then it's a wiggly butt party! bol!!

As for submitting to the older Boxer, we spent time with 2 female labs last weekend and he did not lick at all, but he did submit.

There was just something about that old Boxer...
[notify]
Pepper

you say cookie?- now I listen.

Barked: Sat Nov 8, '08 2:24am PST 
my friend brought his boxer mix pup over today to cheer up our boxer (our other dog passed away on monday), and it was so much fun. but pepper was doing a lot of the things you described. she was obsessed w/ morgan and soon as they'd stop playing for a few minutes she'd start licking her all over her face. they both seemed really happy to have someone to "box" with. pepper did have to put her back in line once, but like the older boxer your dog played with she did so *very* gently. she does play with other dogs regularly, but I've never seen her do the licking w/ other dogs, and usually when she tries to box them they just get annoyed at her frown

but really, is there anything cuter than two boxers playing? cloud 9
[notify]
Howie

This is Howie- Do-it

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 1:50pm PST 
I know that when we go on walks, Howie reacts differently if we pass another boxer than if we pass any other dog. He gets excited no matter who passes, but if it's a boxer OMD! he goes nuts. Maybe it's just that he can sense their hyper boxer energy or something, I don't know. But it's definately different with boxers.
[notify]
Lily Plata

Watch your toes!

Barked: Thu Nov 20, '08 8:44pm PST 
Lily definately reacts differently to other Boxers than any other breed. Our Schanuzer does the same thing. When they see "their" breed they always do double takes and THAT is the dog they want to play with. It is super cute...their eyes get big and their butts start to wiggle.blue dog
[notify]