GO!

Potty Trouble

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Keilee May

Can I Eat It?

Barked: Fri Oct 10, '08 6:20pm PST 
Help! My mommy says that if I don't stop potting in the house I will have to be in my kennel whenever I am inside. I really don't like my kennel unless it is time to sleep so if you could please help her I would really appreciate it. I know I am suppose to go outside to go to the bathroom but when I get to playing I just stop and piddle on the floor.
[notify]
Milo {Loves- Ollie}

My heart goes to- ollie and ollie- forever

Barked: Sat Oct 11, '08 4:45pm PST 
yes, i had my days too!

Until,
mommy went to petco and got me puppy diapers, they have all different sizes, the diapers helped me stop getting in trouble and my owner saves time! then once i got older i moved to pads.

hopefully this helped!vvsmile
[notify]
Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Sun Oct 12, '08 9:35pm PST 
How about frequent outside "potty breaks" during playtime. if she stays empty then it should decrease. Also, make sure you are teaching a reliable "go potty" command- that way she learns when she is supposed to go and also give tons of praise when she gets it right. All puppies will occasionally have accidents, though. It's part of the process....
[notify]

Chewbacca

Play?! Let's- PLAY!!!

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 12:47pm PST 
I agree Max, frequent potty breaks is the key!

My Mom says if I have an "accident" that it is HER fault!
I was doing REALLY well the first few weeks and only had maybe 2 accidents, then all of a sudden I started having accidents more frequently.

Mom had to stop, take a step back and re-evaluate the situation and realized that I was spending more time out of my crate,the more I'm out of my crate playing or chewing the more I need to potty.

In the evening Mom takes me out anywhere from every 15-30 minutes, she or Dad ALWAYS have me in sight and whenever I stop what I'm doing, it's time for a potty break.

This seems to be working for us and Mom and Dad finally picked up on my "que" that I need to potty, they didn't notice it before because it was so subtle.

Good luck and be patient!
[notify]