GO!

I have a drooling problem!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Zoie

...take me to- FRISBEE town

Barked: Fri Sep 26, '08 11:25pm PST 
Whenever I drink water, I drink lots of it, and then I like to walk away from my water bowl, and let all the water fall from my lips in a trail as I walk onto the floor in huge puddles.
This isn't exactly good because my mom slipped on it a few days ago and busted her knee....
ANY ADVICE for other dogs with big lips that carry lots of water/drool around with them?!?!?!?!

Mom puts towels down all over the floor, but then it just looks messy! confused
[notify]
Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Sun Sep 28, '08 12:22am PST 
When you hear the drinking begin, go grab a towel and wipe her face when she's done... it's the only thing that works for us... and we still wind up with a wet floor sometimes, but it's not so bad if you dry the face off after they get a drink... Max is the worst for me, because he likes to drink a bit, then look around (swinging his head from side to side) and then resume drinking repeating this process several times... It's part of life to have wet floors, I think...
[notify]
Tigger

Barked: Mon Sep 29, '08 11:50am PST 
I used to have the same issue - very wet floors!

Mom moved my dishes to another part of the room - now I have to weave over to it and weave away from it (it's around the corner from the dining table). That seems to have slowed me down so there's not quite the river of water. Since I have to slow down walking away I don't dribble as much.

Maybe this would help you? shrug
[notify]

Louie

Louis Baby!

Barked: Tue Oct 7, '08 7:57am PST 
We have that problem too. We just drool all the time! I don't know how to stop it but it's so gross!!!
[notify]