GO!

border will not interact with other dogs

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Jack

I think I am a- fish, love the- water

Barked: Wed Feb 1, '12 11:20am PST 
We rescued "Jack" over a year ago, he was in a bad situation and had obviously been treated poorly, both physically and emotionally. He will not play with or interact with the other two Borders that live with us. There is no aggression between them, but he will not engage in play with them. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I feel bad when the other two are playing and having a good time.
[notify]
Gilly

BE THE FUNNIEST- YOU CAN BE TO- GET LOVED

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '12 6:27pm PST 
Maybe try to take him to a dog park or get him a toy that u think he might like!smile
[notify]
Zack

Watch me!

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 5:28am PST 
Does he engage with playing with you/ humans? How long have you had him? If he plays with you, perhaps you can throw ball for him etc when the other dogs are playing together? It might take him a while to learn that he can play with the other dogs and you might need to accept that he will never be playful like they are. When I adopted Zack, who was also mistreated by the first owner, my dog trainer gave me wise advice - she said that I must give him opportunities but never force him to do anything that he is not ready for or does not want to do. Sounds like your doggie would benefit from that advice.
[notify]