GO!

Border Collies of Different Colors

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Nix

Never Say No

Barked: Wed Jul 6, '11 9:52pm PST 
Thought I would add... We've barely had Nix for 3 days and already some friends of mine said he looks more like a Bernese Mountain Dog than a Border Collie. laugh out loud Nevermind the fact I've got his papers and pictures of his parents proving he's pure BC.
[notify]
Kimber

Barked: Mon Oct 3, '11 3:55pm PST 
Everytime! SIGH = =" Kimber is liver and white, have blue and grey eyes and is short haired. Everyone thought Border Collies only came in Black and white. They always guessed him as a Hound which makes me really sad >.
[notify]
Nix

Never Say No

Barked: Tue Oct 4, '11 5:47pm PST 
Kimber, lately Nix has been getting the hound comment too. He's going to be a medium/rough coat, but at 4 1/2 months old he's hit the awkward stage and has short adolescent fur. Half the people who ask don't even know he's a puppy. thinking

Last week Nix was a Beagle according to "popular guess" shrug

Edited by author Tue Oct 4, '11 5:48pm PST

[notify]

Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Sun Oct 30, '11 6:10pm PST 
Anyone heard of a Lilac tri? We had one turn up while back at the dog school. Her owners where very put out when one of the breeders who trains with us put a big hole in their plans to Confirmation show trial her - the Australian kennel club will not recognise a lilac let alone a Lilac tri. Anyone else seen one of these dogs? How would you describe the lilac colour to someone who's never seen one?
[notify]
Nix

Never Say No

Barked: Tue Nov 8, '11 7:46pm PST 
I've never seen one in person, only pictures, but if I didn't have a picture to show them, I'd describe the lilac Border as kind of a sandy grey, or the color of ashes. I believe it's a diluted version of the chocolate colored Border Collies. smile

Edited by author Tue Nov 8, '11 7:48pm PST

[notify]
Tucker

Tucker - The Face of- Lupine Collars!

Barked: Fri Nov 11, '11 12:54pm PST 
Yep, all the time! I have pointy ears and a blue eye therefore I must be a Husky, hehehe... nope, my crouch at your feet while tossing the frisbee to you over and over and over and over and over and over again should tell you otherwise wink
[notify]
Holly

Mad dog

Barked: Sat Jan 28, '12 6:23am PST 
Holly's a tri border collie, when she was a pup someone asked me if she was a Rottie!, then on Holly's youtube channel, someone asked me if i was sure Holly was a bc because they only come in black and white.
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '12 6:54pm PST 
There was a point in time that I carried Cobain's AKC papers around with me.

Apparently, the combination of his "odd" colourings and his calm demeanour in class meant that he was "definitely not all Border Collie, IF he even had Border Collie in him"

Sorry for having a well-trained dog? shruglaugh out loud
[notify]
Maya

Barked: Fri Mar 9, '12 11:36pm PST 
All the time! Granted, Maya's a rescue dog, so we don't know for sure, but her looks and personality sure match border collie better than anything else. Lots of comments about "I've never seen a white BC" and "is she a husky (or aussie)?".
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2