GO!

Border Collies of Different Colors

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Deuces Wild- Run For The- Border

Deuce~Born to- Bark at Bikes

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '11 7:11pm PST 
How many of you are Border Collies of different colors? Do people ask your owner what breed of dog you are and then not believe then when they find out you are Border Collie just cuz you aren't Black and White? blue dog
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '11 11:57pm PST 
Every Single day... And there's the "No you're wrong, that has to be a collie/golden/insert other breed mix".

Granted from mom as a genetics major and coming from a family of all black and whites (well dad's tri with brindle points) no one can figure out where mine and my brother's red sable came from.
[notify]
Skye

Aren't I cute!

Barked: Sat Jun 18, '11 1:59pm PST 
I'm blue and white, I haven't been confused with a different breed, but my litter brother was called a husky when he was young, he's a slate merle and see below for my daughter.
[notify]

Star

Barked: Sat Jun 18, '11 2:00pm PST 
I'm Star's daughter, I'm lilac and white, people have asked what breed I am, then when told say they've never seen a BC my colour and they're told I'm a rare colour.
[notify]
Ava

Super Friendly- Aviator

Barked: Wed Jun 22, '11 9:03pm PST 
Like Happy, we're also told Ava couldn't be any part Border Collie because "Border Collies don't come in that color" laugh out loud

More people think she's a purebred Brittany than even half Border Collie. It annoys me because if you see Ava side by side with a Brittany they look nothing alike. No similarities in the slightest, aside from the fact they're both dogs.. haha

ETA:
Oh, we've also had one person insist that she had to be some kind of spaniel because "No other breed has that white blaze going up the nose." confused (I don't think there's an emoticon that can match the face I made when she said that. LOL!)

Edited by author Wed Jun 22, '11 9:08pm PST

[notify]
Teddy

Do you want to- play with me???

Barked: Mon Jul 4, '11 7:07am PST 
big laughbig laughbig laughMy humans always have a copy of my papers on them because everyone always say i must be mix with labbiesbig laughbig laughbig laugh, my humans own my pawrents too and they are very typical BCswink
[notify]
Jackson

Christmas Eve- Baby

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '11 5:54am PST 
Hey, Teddy. I see that you like playing with that red-holey ball. Do Moss & Tessy play with it too? We purchased one several years ago. Jackson rolled it a few times and never touched it again. Georgie would pick it up and toss it (only because he knew he'd get a reward for doing so), and all Clemmie did was sniff it and move on. Just curious if all of your crew like it.
[notify]
Teddy

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '11 7:09am PST 
laugh out loudI'm the only one crazy about that ball here , Dad Moss and Mom Tessy don't even look at it. My humans have not find a toy i didn't like yet,and i got LOTS of toys, i play all the time with everything i getwinklaugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
Jackson

Christmas Eve- Baby

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '11 11:35am PST 
I always seem to have a few new toys to play with too. My mom & dad keep a bin of toys, acquired over the years, and recycle them. Oohhh.....roo-roo.....haven't seen or played with that one for months or possibly years!
[notify]
Teddy

Barked: Wed Jul 6, '11 7:22am PST 
way to gosame thing here and when i do a agility competition and do good i get a new toy for each ribbon i get, Humanmom say ribbons don't mean a thing to me and i deserve a rewardwinkdancing
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2