GO!

Hey, doesn't anyone want to talk about Coonhounds?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Dora

Can I chew that?

Barked: Mon May 14, '07 8:49am PST 
My name is Dora, I am 6 months old, and I was just adopted by my new family and their 8-yo Coonhound Dade. I need people to talk to about Coonhounds! My mom and dad are having a heck of a time training me. I'm not going to hunt, just be a family dog.
[notify]
Country dawg

I'm a laid back- puppy!!

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '07 8:51pm PST 
she is beautiful, isnt she a black & tan coonhound... Country was easy to train, Tosha, his mom who looks just like you but with long ears was whiny but adorable and sweet! Country ate anything, was easy to potty train, he would nibble that was his main issue... and separation anxiety.... but good luck!!
[notify]
Dora

Can I chew that?

Barked: Thu Jul 5, '07 11:38am PST 
Country is beautiful, and looks just like our older hound, Dade. Dade was a rescue but from our best guess is a GSP/Coonhound mix.

I thought B&T's were solid black and tan- Dora definitely has the blue ticking so I figured she was a Blue Tick.
[notify]

Buddy

Buddy Angel,- Buddy Bud Bud,- Buddy Doodle

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '07 6:45pm PST 
Both Dora and County are beautiful. I have Buddy's papers but when I see other Blueticks, the markings are so much more pronounced. But he has the same face as County Dawg, it's amazing! Poor Buddy, the neighbors aren't too thrilled with his barking and my township certainly knows where the coonhound lives but he is such a happy "Mama's Boy", he doesn't care. As long as he has his big sister Peaches around to play with, he's OK. I didn't know much about Coonhounds when I took him in but I learned very quickly!
[notify]
"Z"

Hounds are hugs- with fur.

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '07 3:46pm PST 
wave
I do, I do!
[notify]
"Z"

Hounds are hugs- with fur.

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '07 3:49pm PST 
This is "Z", she is a 5 month old English Coonhound-Bluetick. Currently Z is in puppy obediance training and is doing very well. Z is our SAR prospect and soon to be trail companion.
[notify]
Callie

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 4:37am PST 
Hello.. Callie is a 7 month old Bluetick that we rescued.. She is a handful alright.. She is already 63 pounds and loves to CHEW.. We sart doggy school in 2 weeks. I foster for Robdars Houndsong Rescue..
[notify]
Gracie

Rub my tummy or- else!

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '07 5:50pm PST 
Dora, you need to teach your hoomins how to click! Every time you make them click, they have to give you a treat! It's fun! You just give them the signal! I know a bunch of them like Sit and High Five and Ssh (I have to make a teeny growl for that one) and wait and come and stuff. It is lots and lots of fun figuring out how to make them click. MyMom says it works really well for doggies who are natural problem solvers like Terrors and Hoonies. I am a minibull terror! The hardest signal I learned was Give, which means you have to let go of your bally! But she clicks and throws it again right away!

Licks and paw-pokes,

Gracie
[notify]
Aubree

Why go hunt when- they will bring- food ri

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '07 2:46pm PST 
I love nothing more than to talk coonhounds!!!!!
[notify]
Madison

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '07 5:55pm PST 
Hey Dora! I'm about a year old and full of energy! My favorite activity is to chase my tail and bark REALLY LOUD! My new people don't think this is fun, however. I regularly wear out my big brother, who's a big very handsome hound.

I think you are a georgous dog ~ we look a lot alike!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2