GO!

Bloodhound/Mastiff crosses

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Buford

The Bufinator

Barked: Thu May 7, '15 3:02pm PST 
Here's an update on Buford, the Bloodhound/Mastiff mix we rescued from a farm in April 2008 when he was 12 weeks old. He's over 7 years old now, as healthy as a horse, and weighs in at 206 lbs of muscle, bone, sinew, and brains. He is and has been a loving and legendary member of the family and of our local community. He's been trained in water rescue, tracking, and hunting. Among his credits over the last few years are the time when he rescued a puppy who had been lost in the woods for more than 24 hrs. He picked up the trail from one of the puppy's toys and found the little guy, safe and sound after tracking for several hours. Or the man who slipped and hit his head on a rock, knocked himself out, and slid on into a lake. Buford, on his own, jumped into action and pulled the over 200 lb man, uphill, and completely out of the water. He is a top notch security guard for family, children, and small pets by not allowing strangers anywhere close. But he won't bite unless commanded to.We've fed him only the highest quality dry dogfood, beef, chicken, vitamins, and joint medication pro-actively. I could go on but I think that I summed him up pretty well. It doesn't look like I can post a recent photo on here so I won't.
[notify]
Baby

Barked: Mon May 11, '15 7:15am PST 
cheer Hi,

I have a baby girl 7 weeks old mastiff/bloodhound cross, while mom is english mastiff, dad is english mastiff bloodhound and she is just like her dad. She is already weaned and has been wormed. She is super smart and absolutely beautiful.... Looking for a home with fenced yard, never on a chain, in a pen or a crate.... Her dad Baby is on here
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2