GO!

Need help to rehome Black Mouth Cur/Beagle mix!!!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Linus

Barked: Fri Nov 11, '11 6:35am PST 
My husband and I adopted a 6 week old black mouth cur/beagle mix from a local rescue last December. Linus is incredibly sweet, smart, great with other dogs, but has a ton of energy and not a lot of room to run. In the past few months, he started being possessive about toys which led to him biting both my husband and me. We had a trainer come to the house who said that if we are planning to have kids, he is not going to be the right dog for us. She suggested euthanization, but we only wanted to turn to that as an absolute last resort. I was hoping that there might be someone out there with more experience working with black mouth curs who would be willing to channel his energy into hunting or another job suited to his breed. Please help us! We don't want to give up on him.

Edited by author Fri Nov 11, '11 6:39am PST

[notify]