GO!

How old and how big

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Riley (RIP- 1/2/08)

Barked: Tue Sep 30, '08 6:52am PST 
Riley was 9 years old and topped out at 96#. We lost him to Malignant Histiocytosis... which is common in Berners. The good thing was that he was never an old man... he was a healthy boy who always acted like a pup until the last few weeks of his life.
[notify]
Titan

Trouble

Barked: Thu Feb 26, '09 6:43pm PST 
Titan Is 16 months and about 80lbs...he is the most lovable dog I have ever had.. how can one dog love some many people... and never pick one family member over another...
[notify]
Emma

Who Moved My- Bone?

Barked: Tue Aug 25, '09 7:39pm PST 
Emma is 2 years old and weighs around 90lbs. She may have lost a few pounds this summer do to all of the swimming. She thinks its liquid snow!
[notify]

Bernie

Barked: Tue Jul 3, '12 9:32am PST 
Bernard is 4 months old today and he weighed in at 52 lbs, which is pretty normal. We live in Germany (I'm Air Force) and I bought him from a professional breeder in a small village near Berlin. I'm lucky that I got him here because his lineage goes back 16 generations to Switzerland! Bernie's breeders are well known here in Europe and they estimate the average life span of their berners to be 11 yrs.

As far as adult weight, it really depends. Some of the females on their farm were smaller (some as small as 85lbs) but some of the males were huge. Bernie's father, Aike (pronounced IKE)was 144 lbs and thought he was a lap dog. I had never really seen a Bernese up close until I bought Bernie and I was taken back by how big an adult male can get.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2