GO!

2 unaltered dogs found running loose with tight fitted muzzles on

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Azkaban

I take up 75% of- the bed.

Barked: Sat Apr 30, '16 5:58pm PST 
I know a lot of people muzzle mating pairs to prevent hormone driven fights, but it sounds like you found the reason this little guy was muzzled. I'd suggest taking a picture of the dog outside, muzzled, and take it to the authorities. Muzzle training is something I believe firmly in, for emergencies, and I keep cloth muzzles in my dog's sizes in my car and in our first aid kit, but muzzling a dog long term in hot weather is cruel. It might be different if the dog was wearing a basket muzzle (which allows panting and water drinking)but if the dog can't open his mouth, and is running at large, his owner should be issued a citation or have his dog confiscated.
[notify]
Tuck

CHIC CH. Tuck- CDX TDX RN VNEX- TDI SAR-W3

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '16 3:35pm PST 
I have a dog coming here tonight for training. He's being kicked out of his home because he fought with the landlord's dog, and the landlord said he had to go. He fights with every dog. But he's not going to be allowed to fight with mine, so when he's intermingling in the house outside of the crate, he will be muzzled. When he's intermingling in the yard with my dogs, he will be muzzled. Muzzling isn't necessarily an inhumane or bad thing, and does not mean hes used for a fighting dog, but it can be used to prevent fights
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '16 10:19pm PST 
Good luck with the dog. wishes Will you be keeping him or will you just be fostering him till his owner finds another place to live?
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2