GO!

2 unaltered dogs found running loose with tight fitted muzzles on

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Lola- Penelope

If you have- food, I looovvee- youuuuu!

Barked: Fri Jun 19, '15 7:00pm PST 
First dog I found when walking my dogs a year ago. He was a pitty mix.He was not castrated. His muzzle was on super tight. No tags. I brought him home and he spent the night with my two until AC picked him up in morning. Super friendly and submissive even. I was confused on why he would have been muzzled.
Then today same thing happened. An unaltered male dog came running up to my porch. Super friendly. Tight tight muzzle. No tags. As I was calling AC owner pulled up and called the dog. He was kinda an... butthole to me. How dare I care. He speed off.
I'm wondering why the muzzles? Is it a coincidence that there were two dogs in similar condition not owned by the same guy? Maybe doing some kind of training? Please don't tell me it's a mating thing...
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Jun 20, '15 11:06am PST 
That certainly sounds very suspicious. I'm almost inclined to winder if there could be possible dog fighting going on in your neighborhood. thinking Tight muzzle and unaltered, yeah...

On another note, it's good to see you back here Hun. Sadly a lot of people left. It's very lonely on dogster. frown
[notify]
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Sat Jun 20, '15 5:30pm PST 
Did they have any scars on them? I wonder if they were bait dogs?
[notify]

Lola- Penelope

Barked: Mon Jun 22, '15 3:07pm PST 
Nope no scars. Both dogs were in really good condition actually. They were both mixed breeds. Well maybe not the first one, but pretty sure the 2nd one had pointer in it.
Yoshi! It is nice to see you too. I left a few years ago because it seemed that there were a lot of people who were rude, or just plain mean to new comers, especially new dog owners. I believe the best way to educate is by being nice... I guess that is just me haha.
I love love dogs and do not know everything. So it is nice coming here for answers/suggestions/information. But I stopped asking because I was afraid someone would sug
gest I am a horrible dog owner or something. I have some knowledge on a lot but not a lot of knowledge on some lol.
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Mon Jun 22, '15 5:47pm PST 
Then I wonder if the guy's dog/s get out often and he figured keeping a muzzle on them would keep them from biting someone or their dog? I've seen most dogs get muzzles off, so maybe that's why they were so tight? He shouldn't have been rude.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Jun 22, '15 8:49pm PST 
Lola, you honestly didn't miss much. A lot of people left because say media came in and screwed us over, so the site was really messed up and they're still trying to figure out some things, so the forums have been dead. frown And nobody's perfect honey. I think a lot of people mean well, but sometimes they just go overboard, so no need to feel bad. smile
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jun 23, '15 3:52am PST 
I agree with Yoshi........smile
[notify]
Lola- Penelope

Barked: Wed Jul 1, '15 5:07pm PST 
So I found out who the dog was muzzled. Our backyard has a lot of trees in the far back, so we hear some neighbors but never see them. One of them I hear yelling at their dogs all the time. Last week I heard the dog barking and it hit me that it sounded kinda like a bully breed bark. So I crawled in the trees and peeked and sure enough it was the baby I saw!
So yeah. I guess they are muzzling him when outside to keep him from barking. Thing is is a muzzle used outside unsupervised in 90 degree weather is more cruel than a bark collar imo because he can't pant and drink water Also his barking never seemed obsessive so yeah.
I'm glad to know,now.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jul 1, '15 5:14pm PST 
I would report to the authorities that the muzzles are to tight and they can't pant in the hot weather.
[notify]
Reka

Barked: Mon Mar 14, '16 6:24pm PST 
I left because the raw feeders were so vicious. You couldn't saw anything without fangs showing. Wasn't worth it. If they wanted a dog forum to themselves, they did a wonderful job of running off everyone who disagreed with them
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2