GO!

Koby did so well today!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Sat Sep 14, '13 1:26pm PST 
I reluctantly took Koby to the nearby State Forest today. His trainer said he was ready to go for walks, but I've been worried that he would regress with his aggression. The place was packed with all kinds of people and dogs. I almost turned around and left because it's usually not that busy. To my surprise, he did well! He barked a little in the car, but once I took him out, he settled right down. I'm just so proud of him. snoopy We took the short loop, which is probably 2 miles tops round trip. I have to build his stamina up. Right now he's snoozing like he went on a 20 mile hike. laugh out loud
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Sat Sep 14, '13 3:25pm PST 
cheerway to go Way to go, Koby! I love the baby pool pic too--looks like lots of fun!
[notify]
Koby

Barked: Sat Sep 14, '13 4:45pm PST 
Thanks Augusta. He screams like a little girl when he wants the pool. laugh out loud
I can't wait to take him back to the forest tomorrow. He had such a good time. He got to act like a dog and sniff all kinds of things instead of a crazed maniac. smile
[notify]

Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sat Sep 14, '13 9:09pm PST 
way to go Kobycheer

So happy for you both.
[notify]
Koby

Barked: Sun Sep 15, '13 6:43am PST 
Thanks Sabi! As many of you know, that's what happens when you do it right with lots of positive reinforcement and patience. I know he will take a few steps back from time to time, but yesterday was very encouraging. smile He had that dreamy, happy look in his eyes when he got home. It's like a need was fulfilled. I'm so glad I got him. Most of his siblings were not so lucky. frown
The trainer I have is awesome. He really "gets him". smilesmile
[notify]
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Mon Sep 16, '13 5:51am PST 
Not much I can add dancing Congrats and may your path be straight wink
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Sep 16, '13 5:54am PST 
cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheer;c ;cheercheercheercheer

sounds like the hard work is beginning to pay off!! I'm so glad for both of you.
[notify]
Koby

Barked: Mon Sep 16, '13 5:21pm PST 
Thanks Czarka and Mike & Kai! I didn't take him back on Sunday, because he was really lame. frown I didn't want to push him too far too soon, physically. I really wanted to reinforce the day before. Oh, well. I guess you can't have every thing. I'll try again this coming weekend. Thanks again everyone.
[notify]