GO!

Looking for an Agility Class!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

MIHKOA -goodbye friends-

FANTASTIC!

Barked: Mon May 23, '05 3:17am PST 
Hi there.... we are looking for an agilty class up here in upstate NY. I am an aussie(nuff said), and love other dogs, and mom thinks that this is the perfect sport for me! If you know of any good ones in the saratoga springs/albany/glens falls area PLEASE let us know! We can hardly wait to get started!

Mihkoa & Amanda
[notify]
Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Tue May 24, '05 8:22am PST 
Hey hey,

Your mommy just needs to go on google and do a bit of research! smile that's how my mommy found our agility school. Or you can call your vet and ask him/her if they know of any place you guys can go. Vets are good for that kind of thing.

Good luck, and I know you and your mommy will have lots of fun in agility! It's a great thing to do.
[notify]
Izzy

booizzy.com

Barked: Tue May 24, '05 3:16pm PST 
Call around to the local places that offer obedience classes and see if they offer agility. I'd check the facility too and find out how many people are in the classes. Obviously more space and fewer people makes for more training time.

It's loads of fun. I've been taking classes with Izzy about a year just to build her confidence and build communication. It's really fun. Maybe I'll even try a competition one of these days.
[notify]

Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Wed May 25, '05 7:16am PST 
Yeah, that too smile

you can always sit in on a class when trying to decide which school to go to. It's very important that both you and your mommy like the instructor.
[notify]
MIHKOA -goodbye friends-

FANTASTIC!

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '05 6:30pm PST 
Howwllooooo out there sweet pups! My mom looked and looked out there, and found only ONE around us! It is in Greenfield NY, called JAZZ Agility. Its $70/8 week course. There are only 6 dogs in our class, and boy is it a TON of fun! Mom ordered some of our own jumps to practice, and some weave poles, they should be here in about 7 days. I love it! Just started with the basics, and it seems like a nice place. Mom wants me to get really involved, maybe do competetions if I can. smile So fun! There is also one other place in Clifton Park NY, but it seems like they are a much larger place, and there are ALOT more different classes like water retrieving classes.... we are lookin into it. Mom wants to have me certified as a therapy dog.... and they have a class for that too! I will keep you up dated!!!

Mihkoa
[notify]
Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '05 8:33pm PST 
OOh, I'm so glad you like it!!!!!
Wow, your class is a whole bunch cheaper than ours smile You lucky dog!

WOOF WOOF for agility DAWGS!!!
Good luck with whatever else you decide to do, I'm sure you'll be great!
[notify]