GO!

Help Can't housebreak Shih Tzus!!!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Barked: Sat Jun 8, '13 11:40am PST 
I have two Shih Tzu's born one year apart. The first on is a male and is 6 years old and the other is a female 5 years old. The male is very nervous and skittish. The female is very laid back and was potty pad trained when we got her. I tried to crate train them, but the mail would cry constantly and the female would poop in her crate and eat it. She still will poop on the potty pad and drag it to her bed and leave it in little pieces. Very nasty! I take them outside about 6 times a day, but when my husband is home with them and not watching them, one of them pees on my diningroom rug and upstairs on the carpet. We've had to remove the downstairs carpet. I am desperate!! I want to get rid of them, but he won't.
[notify]