GO!

Lehigh University Survey About Dogs' Eating Habits

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 6:07pm PST 
Hi everyone,

I am a student at Lehigh University in the Integrated Business and Engineering Honors Program. For one of classes, I need to design a product that'll help solve a problem. My team is focusing on the undesirable eating habits of dogs.

If you had time, I would really appreciate if you could complete the following survey. It will give my team feedback on what potential consumers would be looking for. It should take less than ten minutes to complete and that's being conservative.

Thank you for your help!
Cynthia

Survey Link:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6G3TFYY
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 7:46pm PST 
I wouldn't say that had anything to do with the eating habits of mans best friend so much as it had to do with food dishes and what they could or could not do. thinking
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 2:19am PST 
Interesting survey though . . .. I don't use store bought pet bowls anymore. I hate plastic because I feel like anything cheap and from China has probably got unsafe chemicals. My cat used to get chin acne and then I read somewhere about feeding on a flat plate to prevent that, and it worked like a charm--she doesn't have to dig in and get residue on her face.

I feed my dog out of a shallow glass pyrex pie plate--works great, fairly cheap, sturdy and easy to clean. way to go
[notify]

Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 8:46am PST 
Lol, I use stainless steel dishes. Definitely preferred over plastic. And easier to disinfect and clean.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 12:41pm PST 
I must be doing something wrong...I've been in dogs professionally all my adult life and never seen a messy eater, BUT all the dogs have always been fed out of adequately sized stainless steel dishes.
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 12:46pm PST 
I was wondering the same.
Rigby is a voracious eater, but she keeps all her food in her bowl.
[notify]
Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 1:45pm PST 
Capone doesn't knock food out of his bowl, but I do find random bits of kibble in strange places because he likes to take a few pieces in his mouth and go for a stroll around the room or through the house while chewing. He used to find and eat all the pieces that fell out of his mouth, but now that he's getting older he just leaves them laying on the floor for me to deal with. All in all, I still don't consider him a messy eater, though.
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 3:03pm PST 
True, Toto! In fact Gus is my dish "pre-cleaner" cause she's thorough! laugh out loud Her motto is "Never leave a morsel behind!" The cat on the other hand isn't satisfied unless she drags her food off her dish . . . and she's picky, so she'll leave lots behind . . .naughty
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 5:11pm PST 
Same here Capone! I often *painfully* stand on a piece of kibble that has been left somewhere in the kitchen by Ty. Missy will also sometimes bring a mouthful of kibble into the living room to eat but that's mainly when she's been stealing from Ty's bowl wink
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 5:15pm PST 
I do think the survey needs to be totally redesigned from a reality point of questioning rather than a marketing one that seems .... shall we say nicely... a little out of touch. Of the 10 questions 4 were TOTALLY irrelevent.

Maybe redesign the survey and you may get some useful information. Considering Lehigh is a private reseach university.. very little thought seems to go into the compiling of the survey

I mean all of the above in a constructive way.

Edited by author Mon Mar 4, '13 5:19pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2