GO!

Your dog/dogs best and worst breed-related trait?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 5 of 6: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 9:15am PST 
Samoa: Golden/Aussie mix...Extremely biddable and great off leash. (Aussie) As sweet as pie (Golden) I can't think of any negatives from these two probably mixes...his negative comes from possible husky ancestry? He likes to take himself for walks. He always comes back, but if given half a chance he is outside the fence and living the large life.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 9:18am PST 
Savannah - The complete lovable lab. (good) The complete clownish lab. (bad)
[notify]
Cookie Pela

Leaping Is My- Specialty!

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 9:19am PST 
Cookie: Hap, hap, happy ALL THE TIME! (good) No off switch. (bad)
[notify]

Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 9:20am PST 
Dubs: Corgi mix - Totally worshipful and devoted (good) Totally worshipful and obsessive (bad)
[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 9:30am PST 
Cohen, Aussie.

The good: hugely biddable, quick to learn

The bad: hugely vocal, quick to bark
[notify]
Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 9:38am PST 
Capone - Pug

The best: Big personality, awesome companion, easy to train, I am his world.

The worst: I would say health issues (skin, ears, eyes). My husband would say the fact that he has to sleep between us. It cuts down on human cuddle time and before long Capone is stealing covers and pushing my hubby out of bed. laugh out loud
[notify]
Leia

The Cowardly- Lion - I'll find my- courage

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 11:23am PST 
Leia: Lurcher (whippet/lab mix)

Best (Lab): Really velcro and focused on me, totally reliable off-leash as a result.
Worst (Lab): Power chewer. Doesn't chew on inappropriate things, but we have yet to find a chew that will last more than a couple of minutes for her...

Best (Whippet): Really laid-back and mellow indoors, happy to cuddle up and sleep the day away given some running time in the evening.
Worst (Whippet): That sighthound timidity and inability to deal with change. She's afraid of literally anything and everything new and strange, likely because she wasn't well socialized as a puppy. It's really restricting for her, and will take many more months, maybe years, to 'cure.'
[notify]
ROSCOE

The World Is My- Playground

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 1:03pm PST 
I'm a Lab and am a very loyal breed. I stick close by to those I love, was extremly easy to train because I am so eager to please.

Not so good trait...I am a power chewer. I have chewed my bed that was made of ballistic nylon and haven't found a toy yet that can't be destroyed. Even chewed up Kongs..Right now I am playing with hockey pucks! BOL!
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 3:38pm PST 
I shall add Elliot and Ferdie, gone but never forgotten...

Elliot-Bassett Hound-Great traits-everyone's best friend other dogs, cats and humans, perfect couch potato a sweetie with everyone if they had food all the better!!! Difficult traits-the baying could be heard for miles even if I just stepped out to get the mail. When outside Elliot could spend hours sniffing every molecule of a square inch of sidewalk.

Ferdie-Border Collie-Best traits-gorgeous face and coat, got me into the best shape of my life as a running partner, highly intelligent except for gnawing wires, books, shoes, carpets...Bad traits-Gnawing wires, books, her toys, kids toys, carpets, shower curtains, boxes, she LOVED the taste of sour apple spray. Very high energy, even in her sleep the legs would run.
[notify]
Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 6:22am PST 
Hoss, Bulldog/Boxer mix

Best traits: Super friendly to everyone. Rarely barks, can take him everywhere and he is happy and friendly. I love his boxer kidney bean dance and full body wiggle when he greets you.

Worst traits: Stubborn as a mule. If he doesn't want to do something he just sits down and turns into a 80 pound lump of fur. He sheds terribly. He will do anything you want, as long as he wants to do it also.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 6: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6