GO!

Sleepless nights?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Jack

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 1:39am PST 
Hi,
So I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem I think my dog is refusing to let me sleep. He stands by my bed side and pants all night long this has been going on for a few nights. I've thought he needs to go out but he doesn't, yeah he goes but he really just sniffs around or sniffs the air. He hasn't been eating at all but that's not unusual considering he just got back from staying at my grandma's and she spoils him with pieces of chicken and sausage in his bowl. But even she says he's been bugging her to let him in and out all night. he might be bored because the weather has been awful and I've been fighting off a bad cough. I finally kicked him out of the bedroom but I can hear him outside of the door. Please help how do I get him to sleep????????
Sincerely, sick and tired
[notify]

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 2:28am PST 
Maybe he isn't getting enough attention or exercise? He sounds unsettled. One of my dogs, Diesel, use to annoy me in a similar way. But I think he was unsettled so I would usually ignore him and the behaviour rarely presents itself anymore.
[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 6:48am PST 
A sudden change in behavior like this might warrant a visit to the vet to make sure something isn't wrong. Just a thought.
[notify]

Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 4:44pm PST 
Ditto... see the vet!
[notify]